What are your thoughts on these two maps?

Context: Both of these maps are for a sword fighting game, so rate it based on how much it would work with a sword fighting game, but still give feedback on my building skills. Very picture heavy.

Map 1, Four Corners

Map 2, Timmy's Room

Note: Most things in this map are pushable like the cookies and the drawers

Thanks for taking your time to evaluate these maps! It is a huge help!

2 Likes

I feel that these maps are very creative, but the problem is that it’s too basic. These models, can be simply made by others. You could potentially add more to these maps.

I don’t really have much to say, but otherwise it’s good!

2 Likes

(I’ll focus on Timmy’s Room, by the way)
It looks really good, to start off. The yellow ladder next to the bed fits really well in! I can see the effort put in, but here is some criticism:
-There’s a random long white brick next to the door, is looks a bit off. There could be a better way around this, possibly make it a shelf and have players jump onto the door frame.
-For the right side of the door, maybe move the ladder down and make it yellow to fit with the door.
-The door looks quite wide? Just my opinion.
-Same thing for the long white brick next to the window, it’s a bit awkward being placed there.
-The Chair has tilted legs, and while interesting for sword fighting not the most aesthetically pleasing. Maybe lean something like a book against it for a slope.
-The white ledge behind and to the side of the char is awkward, same as before.
-The bed sheet hanging off the edge looks strange, bed sheets don’t look like that. Maybe make it all one triangle.
-The bed’s supports are large, maybe make them smaller?
-The video game controller on the shelf is floating.
Honestly though, looks like a great map!

2 Likes