What can cause memory leakage?

Hello everyone
i found a memory leak on the server & client side i think
what kind of problem can cause leaks ?
because as time goes by, on the server side the untracked memory increases (not very fast but still)
on the client side I haven’t determined the cause yet, but the Client memory also rises at the same speed than the server Untracked memory
thanks for answering

What kind of problem are you experiencing which makes you think you have a leak?

Please post in greater detail to help us answer you properly.

…? How many different questions is this?

• What can cause memory leakage
  • Something about localisation, which I’m not sure how it’s relevant here
  • You “found” a memory leak (not even sure?)
  • What can cause memory leaks
  • How to locate memory leaks

I think you’re going to need to revisit your post a little here. What you’re trying to ask is fairly obscure and I can’t discern what it is you’re trying to get from creating this thread. Please be sure to explain your situation in detail and read the Scripting Support Category guidelines for information on using this category.

Furthermore, I feel like your question is heading straight into XY Problem grounds. What is the actual issue you’re facing? Is it truly memory leaks, or is there another issue that’s largely at play here?

3 Likes

as time goes by, on the server side the untracked memory increases (not very fast but still)
on the client side I haven’t determined the cause yet, but the Client memory also rises at the same speed than the server Untracked memory

Yes, interestingly another thread reported out of control untracked memory here:

This does not suggest a memory leak, and (FYI) it seems to be a roblox internal issue from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

I’m going to modify the post ^^
the real questions is
What can cause memory leakage ?

I found a few articles that may help you to understand memory leaks better:

About memory leaks in general:

Specifically to roblox and ideas on fixing:

Dedicated article on what these are and what causes them:

These might help you understand a bit better.

1 Like