What can I do to improve the appearance of my game?

Hello developers! I am creating a city and I would like to know your honest opinion of how it is going!

7 Likes

Look good so far! What do you have for the lighting?

3 Likes

What style are you going for?

As always when someone asks I am going to point out things that make me ask questions.

• What scale are you using? The floors of the buildings don’t seem to be close to the same height. For example a simple house has floors that are about 9 feet high (8 ft for the room and another foot for the floor). An office building may have 4 feet of room in the floor for ducting, plumbing and electrical stuff and 8-10 feet of space between the floor and ceiling on each level. If you have multiple office buildings then the window height on each floor may not be exactly the same as the building next to it but they should be close.
  • The lines on the parking lot seem to be about the same width as 2 of the lounge chairs on the beach. I’m pretty sure a Roblox sized car won’t fit in an 8 stud wide space.
  • I find the river next to the beach kind of strange. If there was a river here it would have been directed straight to the ocean instead of parallel to the ocean shoreline.
  • The bridge overpass ramps are pretty severe. If this was the real world there would be a lot of scraped car bottoms from going over it.
  • Everything seems to be exactly 90 degrees to everything else. The real world has some randomness to it. Experiment with turning some items slightly to give it a more organic feeling.
  • As @nom said, you might want to play around with the Lighting settings.
5 Likes

I think the white light at the back should be removed and it looks too bright. Adjust the lighting and it will turn out great!

3 Likes

The lighting seems too bright. Consider dimming it down a bit. Other than that, your city game’s looking good so far. Good luck! :+1:t5:

1 Like

loving the aestetic, looking really good. Maybe try adding some shells and rocks to the beach to liven it up.

1 Like

looks cool! i like the vibe, like the people above were saying you should probably make it a bit dimmer because the lighting is a little bit blinding. personally i would add a little more space in between the city and beach because it isn’t a huge change between landscapes, and try to use smart placement of objects!! but overall looks rlly good, goodluck!

1 Like