What could I do to make these low poly builds better?

image image

3 Likes

In my opinion the top building doesn’t need much added to it as it already looks good and definitely fits the low poly ‘criteria’.

The second building does not fit the low poly expectation for the following reasons;

• Colour schemes of windows etc does not fit
  • Building scaling is off with the first floor being half the height of the roof
  • Too much of a blocky feeling with there being so curves or tapered edges

Overall they are both great attempts but the second one does require slight improvements.

2 Likes

I honestly think the second one would look better if all the windows were blue along with the first one aswell.

I’ll keep this short but I personally believe when it comes to low-poly builds is deciding the purpose of it since they’re not a theme but a description of a build. They can be used either for background effects or, be the key front purpose of your game. If it is a background than the colouring/lighting for both is perfectly fine however for it to be used in front face, the second image will definitely need to have improvements in regards to the chosen colour scheme as well as the lightning chosen. However it is also crucial to note that the first image - the decking i’m not a huge fan of especially in regards the chosen colour and the steps. I’d instead make the steps one long plank similar to the decking except 1/4 the size and use the same colour scheme. Although again another issue is the way the decking is organised. I would actually rotate them by 90 degrees so the short end is not facing towards the house.

The reason why I have structured this reply to this way is because you’ll need to decide that first but there is a misconception for low-poly since it is not a theme. Nor does it have any requirements other than being low poly count. In regards to structuring your build I am not a huge fan of the second images second floor since the windows are a bit too high. While another structure is trying to imagine what supports the upper building which this one is mainly targeting the first image since I believe more could have been done with those wooden frames that don’t just support the wall but also the roof.

1 Like

Overall it looks but but blue windows on the second building would make it looks a way much better :wink: