What do you think of my first animation?

Hi, I just made my first animation, and I would like to know what you think about it. I appreciate feedback!

(modified: 7/5/2022 4:35 AM)

ignore the time LOL

2 Likes

Looks great. The only issue I seemed to pick up on the most was the way the torso and head moves when the character is walking. Something doesn’t seem right about the torso and head movement. If you look at it closely it looks like its walking like a chicken. Other then that the movement of the arms and legs are great :+1:

3 Likes

I though the same! I don’t know why I added it (probably because I wanted to add more and have more pain), let me try removing it.

Sounds great. I am happy for you to send me the new version when its improved so I can give some feedback.

1 Like

I already did it, and it kinda looks “static”, what do you think?

1 Like

Yes I agree. Maybe try moving the head and torso just a little bit forwards and backwards to the movement of the character.

1 Like

Like this?

1 Like

Yes looks kinda better. I am not the best at animating so this is all the feedback I can give you but don’t give up there is loads you can do with this animation. You will get there in the end

1 Like

Thank you so much! I like it more now than it was at the start! :hearts:

1 Like

Seems quite good, though the arm movement is weird, the arms are supposed to move with the opposite leg, other than that it is impressive for a first animation, good job!

1 Like

Instead of making the torso move front & back, I suggest adding torso up & down movement. Also a little bit of torso tilt to the left & right to make it realistic

1 Like

Here’s a small trick that I use when making animations

first, make myself a rough example of how the animation should move
by moving the body parts where you maybe want
then play to check it first
after that, add keyframes “in between” the keyframes of your animation timeline
repeat it one more time if the result your trying to get isn’t there yet
and then do final tweaks on the very end

the animation looks very clean for your first time
and keep up the good work <3

1 Like