What do you think of my game icon?

Hello. So recently I was working on a upcoming game, and decided to create a game icon. How would you rate on my game icon? Fiksavimas

7 Likes

I feel like maybe a logo or something going on would be good since you can’t really tell what the game is about from the icon, it still looks great though, good job!

3 Likes

If you put on a filter, text or logo, it could look very good. Apart from that, the landscaping is good!

2 Likes

I think it would look better rendered in blender, if you have no access to blender then add some effects & text

1 Like

There isn’t very much variety in that picture, nor does the water look very good.

Perhaps make the water a bit more transparent, and make a mud/sand terrain transition between the water and grass?

Maybe add some plants around, small stones, flowers, animals to give it more life.
And maybe as suggested by @OliDevsRBLX add a filter to the image in an external image editor.

My overall rating of the image would be 3/10, as the image does not catch my eye and it is quite bland.

1 Like

It could use a sign of text that says the name of the game.

If you size this image down you wont see the trees much if at all. I would suggest maybe making another version with a tree or the water closer up, or adding a logo and/or a filter over top to make it stand out more.

This image by itself does not stand out at all, it really does need something to add more interest for people to notice it against other game icons.

Asking for a quick rating x/10 on your icon is against the forum tules.

The icon doesn’t give any information on what the game is; it just looks more like a upcoming showcase terrain build if you were making a icon featuring your game. Try adding things that’ll be interested playing from my point of view of the icon, looks here and there but you should easily throw more items placed in certain areas of the terrain it looks more a game thumbnail rather then a gam icon.

I’ll more call this a “Thumbnail of the game” it just needs those details to resemblance of what players will find that’s worth playing. Give players, a good view on what the game is about if i where to see this implemented in your upcoming project it won’t give a clear view on what the game is.

Use inspiration to gather ideas on whatever style you wish to achieve out of this: at the start there isn’t much content to give feedback on since it looks like a screenshot showing repetitive trees and elevation terrain.

It misses information and doesn’t really want me to click on it. You should add some limited text on it to attach players.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree with others, your icon needs some text. Otherwise, the background looks good.

It’s good, but it’s so plain. Maybe add characters or some other stuff, like rocks and plants. Also, you should add characters and the logo/title.

I feel like a blur effect, with a white circle logo will look so epic on this.