What does "PlaceLaucher : Teleport failed because join script failed to load" mean?

I am trying to teleport player(s) to a reserved server, whilst sending data with the teleport as well, but when I try to get the data in the other place it returns nil and I get this error message on the client side:

“PlaceLaucher : Teleport failed because join script failed to load”

2 Likes

Can you show the code--------------------

I noticed same error today with my long standing game, code hasnt changed for over a year. My code still actually Teleports but getting the error message

Yeah, my code will teleport me, but it is when I get to the other place when it displays the error and also doesn’t load in the data I sent. Are you sending data too? Have you found a way to fix it?

Teleport player(ServerScript, ServerScriptService):

function teleportreservedserver(plr, id, plrtbl, teleportopts)
	local reservedserveraccesscode = teleportservice:ReserveServer(id)
	teleportservice:TeleportToPrivateServer(id, reservedserveraccesscode, plrtbl, workspace.SpawnLocation, teleportopts)
end

remotefunction.TeleportToReservedServer.OnServerEvent:Connect(teleportreservedserver)`Preformatted text`

Get data player data on reserved server(LocalScript, StarterGui):

function playerloaded()
	lobby = teleportservice:GetLocalPlayerTeleportData() 
	print(lobby)
	print(plr.Name .. " has lobby data, it is: ", lobby.Host.Name, lobby.Map, lobby.Gamemode, lobby.Code)
end

playerloaded()

lobby should equal a table with settings for the private server, but it returns nil along with error.

parameter # 4 should be a String. It should be the name of the spawn location you wanna spawn at in the place you will be teleporting to

2 Likes

you should fix the script, if it’s fixed, and doesn’t work, something did you forgot in the script.

This was the first chance I got to test this and it didn’t work… I got the same error.
Here is what I changed it to:

teleportservice:TeleportToPrivateServer(id, reservedserveraccesscode, plrtbl, "SpawnLocation", teleportopts)

Did I do something wrong?

What code did you use to create the teleport data?

This is a function in a local script in PlayerGui that another function can call to teleport. This function then fires either a module, if it is not teleporting to a reserved server, or a server script in SeverScriptService that reserves and teleports the players.

function teleportplr(id, teleportdata, reserve)
   local teleportopts = Instance.new("TeleportOptions")
   if teleportdata then
	   teleportopts:SetTeleportData(teleportdata)
   end

if reserve then
	remotefunctions:FindFirstChild("TeleportToReservedServer"):FireServer(id, lobby.Players, teleportopts)
   else
	local teleportResult = teleportmodule.teleportWithRetry(id, {plr}, teleportopts)
   end
end

id is the place id
teleportdata is the lobby info.
reserve is a boolean to determine whether or not to reserve a server

I’m having the same error show in the console, but I am able to teleport from place to place successfully. Any information on this error or likely causes for it would be helpful.

I was able to load in the teleport data, but I still get the error, so I guess its fine since it isn’t effecting gameplay. I do believe that it might be because I am in the Beta Program, are you in the Beta Program?

1 Like

I am also seeing this randomly show up on my client-log.

It doesn’t seem to be affecting anything, but it’s just there?

1 Like

My soft shutdown has been defunct because of this

Hi, I’m having the same error but it does nothing bad for me. I can still teleport people to private servers and to somewhere. So, you shouldn’t worry about it.

I think this is an internal error with Roblox. My gave has been getting this error for the past week or so.

1 Like

The issue I was having turned out to not be related to the PlaceLauncher error and like all of you the error seems to have no effect on my game.

I do have a theory, I believe it is an error developers in the Beta Program are getting, are you all in the Beta Program? I tried to opt out, but turns out Roblox hasn’t opted anyone in or out for a couple of months, so we may this error for a while…

1 Like