What is the fastest way to web scrape catalog data?

Hey, im currently making a application in java (NOT JS) , dont want to go in specifics but basically I need to know the FASTEST way i can know if a new item is added? I tried accessing Roblox’s inventory with change the url id to 1 but it ends up not working. Whats the best and fastest way to do this?

Why do you need to do this? This feels like an X Y problem.

You can’t directly access the inventory of Roblox. This is by design.

Basically I need way to scrape data out of a roblox when a new item comes out similar to roblox+ if your familiar with that. Issue is if I use the catalog its delayed by many minutes, so im asking the community to see if there is any faster way, thanks for replying!

Okay, but again, why do you need to do this? What are you making that absolutely needs real time information?

3 Likes

Sigh, I genuinely dont want to give the idea away thats the thing. I need a way to get information on when new items are added to the catalog similar to roblox+ notifier.

I think that’s a risk you will have to take if you want your question answered.

3 Likes

I am assuming yall may not know what i mean. Im making an application to web scrape roblox’s catalog to get data on those items such as Price, Image ETC, I got that planned. I can just scrape info from the roblox site itself but its delayed because it takes time to update (Delayed in minutes, but I need to quickly). Im asking if there is any BETTER way to get the information quickly, because roblox+ gets the information before the catalog recently updated even shows the item.

EDIT: If there is no better way then there is no better way

Just so that myself and others can understand, you mean getting values such as price only, as opposed to getting a bot to buy items such as limiteds as soon as they are released?

No, i do not want to make a bot that auto buys.

You’re going to have a rougher time scraping a web page using Java than with JS just because it doesn’t come with a DOM interface. I don’t know enough about Roblox’s web API to know exactly what’s up with Roblox+, but the source code for it is readable if you go looking for it (no guarantees about it being non-minified though) so you could check there. Otherwise, the catalog API seems to be the best way to get this information.

1 Like

Alright thanks I will be using the Catalog API, its just sometimes it returns a empty array which can tinker with timing. Im using java because the framework im using will need Java, thanks for your time :smiley:

Your idea probably isnt that unique or not thought of since well even Im pretty sure we are working on something similar. Ill just tell you that you cant get real time data, roblox API has a rate limit. Its really easy to get a users inventory, just look up the web API…

Its no massive secret it exist.

Alright thanks, i just needed one that is quick as possible thanks for response.