What is this called? And how do I create this?

Hey developers! Just wondering, but what is this called, where when you hover over something, it shows a gui next to or under the mouse icon. Also, how would one do this? I’m not exactly quite sure in getting the position of the mouse on the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!


I believe that the text below is called tool info. I am guessing you have to do it with a script but I am a builder myself so I am not sure how you would do it.

In Minecraft it’s called a tooltip.

1 Like

Try searching something along the lines of ‘Hover GUI Roblox’ to get an idea of scripting it

Thanks guys, I found what I need! :slight_smile:

It’s just a tooltip (sometimes popover). You have a GUI which is revealed on MouseEnter and hidden on MouseLeave, and the Position property is updated on MouseMoved.