What programming language do you recommend?

I don’t know exactly which category to put this in.
I am about to start a programming course and I was wondering what language would you recommend:

• Java
  • Javascript
  • Lua
  • Python
  • C++
  • PHP

I know Python is very basic and JavaScript is similar to LUA

Thanks

[For the purpose of using on roblox platform]

I would say start in Python, Lua, and then Javascript. Python is very good for learning.

3 Likes

Scripting Support is not general programming talk, it is for requesting assistance for Lua* (name, not acronym) in the context of Roblox. If you’re asking about what language to learn after Lua I recommend Python. After Python I recommend C# and C++

3 Likes

Python and Lua are great to get the basics of coding.

1 Like

@Seoarro, @Darkyv_v
Thanks but it is a paid course, I will have a teacher and I think that Python and Lua is very basic to pay for that.

@sjr04
I did not find the right place to publish it but thanks for the contribution

I have a great Python tutorial website that give you two weeks free to learn and practice, but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post non Roblox related links. You can search Datacamp Python on your browser search and it should come up. Hopefully I don’t get warned for Advertising…

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate the help

Hey. Please do not post topics like this in this category.

This category is intended for Roblox Scripting Support. If you want to read more about it, do so here.

I was just asking for some help, it has to do with programming and it has to do with help. There is no other category but thanks. I will consider your recommendation. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes there is not any other category. Because this is not just a forum. This is Roblox related. Everything here should be Roblox related. :wink:

Lua, Python, C# [30 charrrrrs]

1 Like

Nowhere does it say that you cannot publish this here, I am looking for suggestions to be able to program and put into practice what has been learned in roblox.

Thanks 30 charsssss

1 Like

You should look for a project/goal to accomplish.

I’m definitely not an experienced programmer but I’m pretty sure that programming languages are just tools.

Some of them work better in some situations, but ultimately they are all just tools.

I’m pretty sure if you work on a project and learn as you go, the knowledge you gain from solving those problems will be transferable to other programming languages.

Maybe that’s why they call them languages? Because even if the way it is said/written is different in different languages, the meaning can be translated…?

TL;DR: Look for a project. If it requires machine learning then google what the veterans recommend using for that field. If you want to learn unity then go for C#. If you want unreal then go for C++.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the help, I appreciate your time. :grin:

This is a support category for help on everything related to scripting on the Roblox platform. Please make sure to follow the guidelines for the category.