What's wrong with the sound?

Hello there.
Now I have a heartbeat sound effect that is looped. When I add a pitch shift effect with the power of 0.5, sound changes and nearly explodes my headphones.
Here is a video; (earrape warning)

Anyone had the same problem?

1 Like

To my knowledge; a pitch shift effect is different than changing the sound’s pitch.
I assume you’re just trying to bring the pitch (and speed) of the sound down and not something else more complicated?

I was just testing the sound if it can be better with other sound effects, then got this earrape thing. I posted this because I wandered if there is a way I can fix this.

no.

In that case, instead of adding a sound effect, go to the sound object’s properties and change PlaybackSpeed to your desired pitch. This will change the speed and pitch of the sound.

If this helped be sure to mark as solved! :white_check_mark:

my actual problem was to get a normal sound with a pitch shift, not a nuclear explosion with a pitch shift effect. Anyways thanks. Just realized it’s more complicated than I tought

As in, increasing the speed while keeping the same pitch?

yeah something like that. Increasing speed will affect the pitch. If I could lower the pitch normally I could get a faster heartbeat

I did some testing and research, and I found how you can change speed while keeping the same pitch.
However, I don’t have the formula for the calculation ratio between the variables.

To do this, we will be using two properties. The PlaybackSpeed in the sound object, and the Octave in a PitchShiftSoundEffect. These two numbers will give us results depending on the chart below:

X PlaybackSpeed Octave
0.5x 0.5 2
0.75x 0.75 1.333
1.25x 1.25 0.8
1.5x 1.5 0.667
2x 2 0.5

You can note the non-linear but symmetrical curve pattern with the chart which might help you find a formula, but hopefully that is what you’re looking for.

Resource: How To Change The Speed Of Audios Without Pitching! (Dummiez's Audio Visualizer) - YouTube

1 Like

LMAOOO that’s ACTUALLY kind of a funny sound