When a head mesh is scaled up to 4.5, it shows all textures inside of the model of the character

If a head mesh is scaled on the y-axis to 4.5, it shows every texture inside of the player’s model. So far, this bug happens every time I have tested it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Copy and paste an official Roblox avatar, that has a face and or cloths into your game.
  2. Scale the head of your character 4.5 on its y-axis (x and z size don’t matter.)
  3. Watch as the head mesh turns into a cylinder shape and shows every texture inside of your character’s model.

This happens on every computer that I have tried so far. It can be seen in studio or gametest.
Heres a screenshot of the bug:

My specs are:
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I discovered this bug originally in July.

5 Likes

Will look into this. This is probably caused by a special rendering path we use for character body parts. You may be able to work around this in the short term by renaming the Head to something else like “FakeHead,” removing the Humanoid, or putting this part as a child of something other than the Character Model.

6 Likes

Alright. Thank you for looking into it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.