When you send the model in blender to roblox and receive it again from roblox, it has changed

When I examined the wedgepart in roblox in blender, I thought there were 6 vertexes, but it showed 20 vertexes, so I corrected it and made 6, so that the game would be less laggy, but I noticed that nothing changed and I sent the mesh to blender as “.obj” and this time I saw that there are 18 vertexes? roblox had changed the obj I sent…
Why, and is there a solution to this?

my wanted is to reduce the number of vertex to make it less laggy

its something to do with their Asset Importing System. There is no real solution That I have found and trust me I have been keeping a eye out for any topic regarding this but everyone just says the same thing. Models that come and go from and to blender are usually modified. Like if you have a part in blender and you add a subdivision modifier and export it. those modifiers will be applied and you will see higher numbers in verts. same thing with roblox. sending a part from roblox to blender. a easy way to see these results in roblox is wireframe view under the view section

Edit: I Am Pretty sure roblox turns plate surfaces into triangles when it gets to meshes

all game engines turn their mesh faces into triangles so that it is easier for the CPU to compute them with the minimum power needed

I’ve struggled importing blender assets into Studio. I think I didn’t appreciate the complexities involved though. I’m sure I’ll improve with practice and patience.

What I found in Blender was that everything should be triangles. I got away with squares for a while, and maybe that has some advantages for bevelling. When it comes to manipulation, only triangles are robust.

A triangle is the minimal shape to define a plane, a surface. All polygons are made of triangles.

A decade ago, triangles per second was the metric that sold graphics cards (GPUs). This still helps support more polygons but their are more efficient approaches toward attaining photorealism now.