Where do I begin with making a get request to an external database?

Hello!

I am not really sure how to ask the question in a single sentence but I’ll try to explain what I’m trying to do.

I want to make a simple “GET” request to an external database which will serve as a method to get Twitter codes live, however I am not sure how I would go about doing this, nor do I know where to begin.

I know about using JSONEncode and JSONDecode but I just don’t know how to go about making that external database.

So what I’m looking for is:

• A (preferably free) site to host a database
  • The database would host some basic information such as Twitter promo-codes for my game which could be encoded when the HTTPService:GetAsync() request is made.
  • Possibly a tutorial depicting how I would go about finding where to make the Get request.

I would suggest using firebase, it’s really easy to use and understand and you could also publish your codes real time. Many uses to it aswell.

I took a look on that site and it seems kinda complicated for what I’m looking to do. I am just looking to make a simple :GetAsync request. I think GitHub might be the way to go as I can just edit the file and it should update in realtime, right?

Pastebin could also work I’m pretty sure.

1 Like