Why is my animation not running?

I have an animation on a custom rig I made, it was animated by a friend, and I have the HumanoidRootPart anchored, nothing else. its a model, here is what it looks like:Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 11.04.52 AM

inside the script, this is my code:

local Humanoid = script.Parent.Humanoid

local Animator = Humanoid:WaitForChild("Animator")

local Anim = script.Parent.ScytheIdle

local IdleAnimTrack = Animator:LoadAnimation(Anim)

IdleAnimTrack.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Action

IdleAnimTrack.Looped = true

IdleAnimTrack:Play()

for some reason it does not play, anyone know why?

Try putting the code in a LocalScript, it should still replicate.

Do you get any errors on the output?

Also, test your script with another rig and animation to see if that’s the issue

Output is clean, no warnings or errors. trying the same script with a different anim and a different rig rn.

1 Like

I will try this, I’ll update you if it works.

localscript does same thing, @AguiaObscura41 I tried it in a different model and it also seems to not work, must be the script. no errors though, do you have any clue as to what went wrong?

I dont know why is it not working, and without errors in the output, its hard to know, im sorry i couldnt help tho : /

try this

local Humanoid = script.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")

local Anim = script.Parent:FindFirstChild("ScytheIdle")

repeat wait() until Humanoid and Anim

local IdleAnimTrack = Humanoid:LoadAnimation(Anim)

IdleAnimTrack.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Action

IdleAnimTrack.Looped = true

IdleAnimTrack:Play()

this still does not work, would that mean there is something wrong in the model?

I don’t really know the reason why the animation isn’t playing so I can’t help sorry

The animation was made by someone else, Meaning that the animation won’t work on you. Roblox doesn’t allow animations to be shared.

It’s not being used on me though, it’s being used on a npc. They are in the team create, if I had them copy and paste the script would it work?

Hmm, I actually don’t know. But try it

Ok, I will mark as solution if it works.

Wait so the animation isn’t yours?

Yes, it is a friends, but they are in the team create.

It won’t matter if they’re in team create or not. Roblox doesn’t allow the sharing of animations, period.

If you can, I’d suggest your friend send an rbxm file of the animation to you and then open the animation in a rig editor. From there, upload it as yours and then try it. If you have a group, they can upload it as an animation to the group, and it’d work.

Ok is the game yours or is it your friend’s game?

Thanks, I will try the group method.

I just thought I’d let you know, even though this might be late, the group method will only work if the game you’re making is under a group. Also, you can only use animations that the owner has made.