Why is my game not showing up on search?

I have recently published a game in order to test it out. However, the problem is that when I search up the game, nothing seems to be showing up. The name of my game doesn’t contain anything common such as “Obby” or “Shooter”, so I know it shouldn’t be mixed up between other games while searching. Does anyone know why this is causing the problem? Whenever I search up the name of my game, called “Dashlands”. I do not see it anywhere on the search page, when I scroll down, I only see random places such as “Player”'s Place Number 1111". Does anyone know why this is the case?

2 Likes

It’s just the Roblox algorithm, once you start sponsoring your game and advertising it it will be higher up in the list. It’s also because your game is new; as time goes on it will be one of the top results.

2 Likes

This usually happens because there are more popular games that have the same keyword/ phrase. Your game won’t appear there instantly.

When you searched up ‘dashlands’, the reason random games pop up is because the players name could be related , their profile or the game description

1 Like

bs, i been advertising it for a while now and never shows up. yet other smaller games that have 0 active players always (and no ads) show.

5 Likes

I can’t figure out the search either. It drives me crazy.

4 Likes