Why was my game bombarded with dislikes?

So long story short I released a revamp to one of my games and it blew up in popularity (10 to 2k CCU). There is one problem though, it went from 87% like ratio all the way to 67%.

I am really confused as to why because the new revamp is better quality then the old by a longshot, the CCU and analytics show that.

The old pre revamp game was made 3 years ago when I was first starting out developing in like under a week (so it was terrible). With the new revamp I utilized my gained experience and remade/refurbished the entire game from the ground up which took roughly 5 months.

I have tried fixing/implementing all of the bugs and feedback that I have seen or heard from people. Is the game just rage inducing/too hard? Do players think it is bad quality? Are there problems or bugs that I am missing? I would really appreciate any outside feedback, thanks.

2 Likes

Prob bots.
There are dislike bots if you didnt know
Luckily i never encountered any! Somehow…

2 Likes

Well, I doubt it is bots because it gradually went down over the past few weeks, but I guess that is always a possibility. If it were bots then that means there is nothing I can do about it, that would be very frustrating because the game has a bad first impression and I am unable fix it.

1 Like

I seriously doubt it’s bots if its been gradually going down for the past few weeks man, investigate your game and fix the problem

1 Like

Well like I also said I doubt it is bots. I am trying to find the problem but it is almost impossible, when people dislike the game they never say why. I have tried joining servers and asking in chat but it always ends up being crickets. I have tried implementing the slightly helpful feedback that I get in the group wall but the rating still goes down. This is why I am on the forum now to see if I can actually get some helpful feedback.

3 Likes

Your gamepasses also have a pretty low like/dislike ratio. You should make sure those as well as anything else people have to pay for/unlock is in proper working order. There’s no faster way to get a bad dislike ratio than making someone pay or work 30 minutes for something that doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have noticed that too. I tested them numerous times in studio and in the actual game, they seem to work perfectly fine. I have also seen people in game with the items so that means it is working. If they were not working then I feel like I should of heard something by now from players. I think it is just players rage disliking the game because they keep dying, but I do not really know for sure if that is the problem.

3 Likes