What are you attempting to achieve?
I am trying to create a realistic physics based train game.
What is the issue?
- the wheels are not turning right (using hinge constraints atm)
- the wheels are not staying on the track (its a meshpart created in blender)
Here is a video of the problem, its short but you can clearly see what happens (at the end it derails but it got cut off): https://gyazo.com/ca895d33dc01b8bb23b17637264eb540
- What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
- Collisionfidelity is set on default, there is no difference on precise composition or other settings
- Custom physical porperties do not make a difference, i am using a high density for the weight but that should not affect it.
- Using a union created in studio gets even worse results
- Looked using wireframe rendering and there is nothing that derails it
- Using gliders to guide it works but then the wheels float and its not really realistic anymore so it will be my last resort.
FYI: the springs/suspension are not used as suspension, its for visual only, removing it does not fix the problem. I am also using collisiongroups but that is also not the problem.
Any ideas/suggestions would be great, thanks!