WIP: Mech-suit interface

I’m in the process of creating a game interface where the player views the game world from the perspective of a robotic suit. It’s in its early stages, but I have a lot of things planned, like the ability to shoot lasers, flight, more interface elements and more. Currently, players can just walk around and toggle their own spotlight and on-field radar.

I’m unsure if this will ever become a game.

Play the tech demo here

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Perhaps if you turn off BC-only I can give you my thoughts.

1 Like

This would go great with my Mechs :3

Hint: press E near a Mech to enter it.

I, for one, am offended that you would consider talking about and linking to a game that only half of the forum can participate in. By making the topic of your thread a bc-only game, you’re effectively making your thread a bc-only thread, regardless of the fact that there are both BCers and NBCers in this forum, and I don’t think that that’s okay.

Perhaps we could have a discussion here if everyone were allowed to participate.

1 Like

mines not BC only :wink:

First person glitches when life support is no longer available.
Maybe make it look a bit more hi-tech?

[quote] I, for one, am offended that you would consider talking about and linking to a game that only half of the forum can participate in. By making the topic of your thread a bc-only game, you’re effectively making your thread a bc-only thread, regardless of the fact that there are both BCers and NBCers in this forum, and I don’t think that that’s okay.

Perhaps we could have a discussion here if everyone were allowed to participate. [/quote]

I didn’t think anyone would feel so strongly at a BC only game…
Anyhow, this project is one of several smaller projects I intend on working on, and they’ll all be tech demos of sorts. I don’t have any kind of fan base for making a paid access game, so I’m planning on all the tech demos being BC only.

Though I get your point. I’ll make the game all access for a while, and return it to BC only access when everyone has had a chance to try it.

[quote] I, for one, am offended that you would consider talking about and linking to a game that only half of the forum can participate in. By making the topic of your thread a bc-only game, you’re effectively making your thread a bc-only thread, regardless of the fact that there are both BCers and NBCers in this forum, and I don’t think that that’s okay.

Perhaps we could have a discussion here if everyone were allowed to participate. [/quote]

I didn’t think anyone would feel so strongly at a BC only game…
Anyhow, this project is one of several smaller projects I intend on working on, and they’ll all be tech demos of sorts. I don’t have any kind of fan base for making a paid access game, so I’m planning on all the tech demos being BC only.

Though I get your point. I’ll make the game all access for a while, and return it to BC only access when everyone has had a chance to try it.[/quote]

Does it really matter that much, at all? What’s the point? Why can’t it be open?

I understand you’re trying to make a compromise, however there is a big difference between a game in beta and a tech demo.

A game in beta is a very early and unfinished product, however it is a product so logically people will pay for it.

A tech demo is just a show off, and should be shown to as many people as possible. This can be good advertising but that is all. Paying, or limiting access is ridiculous from a marketing point of view. You’re trying to get attention for a potentially great game however you won’t get any like this.

[quote] I understand you’re trying to make a compromise, however there is a big difference between a game in beta and a tech demo.

A game in beta is a very early and unfinished product, however it is a product so logically people will pay for it.

A tech demo is just a show off, and should be shown to as many people as possible. This can be good advertising but that is all. Paying, or limiting access is ridiculous from a marketing point of view. You’re trying to get attention for a potentially great game however you won’t get any like this. [/quote]

Understood. And I realized that “Tech Demo” may have been a little overstated (the interface doesn’t show off any new techniques or anything.) I’ve changed everything to read “WIP” instead of Tech-demo.

I basically mixed up my terms, this should have been titled “WIP” or beta from the start.