Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

oh yes the terrain, well the terrain isn’t important for now the alpha version will not have the topside area yet

2 Likes

Blue is far more intense and energetic than red when it comes to photonics.

2 Likes

but I’m going to change the inside of the reactor look something like this:
Capture d’écran 2022-06-24 002729
so it would be better if the lasers stayed red

5 Likes

Putting “lasers” seems very informal if you want the game to be more towards realism. Perhaps try “Ultraviolet Emission Control”

This fusion reactor looks a lot more like a mass evaporation arrangement than a fusion one.

1 Like

That’s just the plasma, the national ignition facility, which uses the world’s most powerful lasers, does not even have color for its lasers.
Other facilities don’t use lasers, they use absurdly powerful magnets to heat up mass and turn it into plasma.

1 Like

but why specifically “Ultraviolet Emission” ?

2 Likes

Ultraviolet is invisible and is far more intense than blue. You could go for gamma which is the most intense possible.

Also, suggestion for a meltdown: Extreme amounts of pure energy (photons/light) can create what’s called a kugelblitz black hole.

Two outcomes can come from this:

Everything sucked in a black hole (unrealistic)
or
Stupendously powerful explosion due to the black hole’s quick “evaporation” and emissions due to being so small. (Realistic-ish)

3 Likes

There are dates on the image.

What was the point of your reply?

3 Likes

I think hes trying to make a game not a science project

6 Likes

guys, do not worry I find your suggestions very helpful for the game,

2 Likes

9 Likes

I thought you were referring to losing signal, didn’t notice the dates.

2 Likes

He did say he wanted realism.

Curse character limit.

2 Likes

Amazing! Try adding more UICorners. It will look great!

2 Likes

Wow this looks amazing. This game looks exactly like the the game QSERF which is a game i’ve been admiring for years.

2 Likes

When you started your game, what was your first priority?

2 Likes

well, I would say that at the beginning my first priority was the building of the game, I improved my building skills a lot, the good building of the game is very important, if you make a game script it well and all but build it badly then nobody would ever play it, as you can see I recently stared scripting all the general game stuff everything I did before was mostly building and lighting and optimizing.

Thank you, this is very helpful.

1 Like

Suggestion: make a large cave similar to isle’s snake lair, add ladders to it for travelling it, and make things for players to explore and uncover, like lore or secrets? I’m not sure as many of my core games are abandoned projects, and now im working on smaller assets that will eventually make a game.

Edit: you could add industrial elevators for autonomous travel, maybe some hidden npcs aswell. Your pick

1 Like

I know this is a really old reply, but you actually don’t need to worry about releasing 2 seperate places for lighting. On lower graphics levels, it doesn’t matter if the technology is set to Future, it falls back to a more efficient engine.

Graphics level 10:
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 7.52.54 AM
Graphics level 3:
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 7.53.06 AM

4 Likes