Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

You may want to secure these RemoteEvents sooner rather than later so you don’t forget, currently exploiters can just spam events and it’ll constantly run the function

3 Likes

Yes I know, but the problem is that when you lower the graphics quality too much the reactor chamber doesn’t load completely so I prefer having a shadow map lighting with the reactor chamber fully loaded rather than a shadow map lighting with a reactor chamber halfly loaded…

2 Likes

Nacer, i suggest adding graphics settings that datastore save so the player DOESNT NEED to be with little to no people. (Basically just a setting ui that can enable a low quality mode for better running, basically remove textures, and a feature to disable billboardguis, a feature to make parts of the game that take up memory unload after a certain distance, and lastly a setting to disable future lighting)

3 Likes

for the graphic settings its possible to datastore (the sunrays, the dept of field, and some other lighting effects…) but its impossible to change the lighting technology while in-game thats why I gotta do that “two places thing”

the thing that is the most laggy is the future lighting technology so I would like players with bad devices to be able to play without it

2 Likes

Ah okay.

I HATE CHARACTER LIMITS >:(

2 Likes

Also, Nacer have you read the post i have replied to?

2 Likes

yes, I did read it I’ll maybe see that for future versions of the game

1 Like

So is this game out yet? Wow this game looks really polished too

1 Like

Not out yet, this is more of an update form for update posts from the creator and suggestions from players, also a form for helping the creator with stuff, etc.

1 Like

I am very active on this form due to the fact that core games have a special place in my heart.

1 Like

Yea I love them too. I am making one right now that is in development. I will play this when it releases. Put it in my bookmarks.

1 Like

I usually scrap most of my core games other than a new one i made called “SITE-ANDROMEDA”

this game is public, and anyone can play it. Whenever you feel like joining it, Alert me and i can walk you through due to the fact that you cannot exit spawn without a sci-major card

1 Like

I will probably check that game out later.

Edit: I did

1 Like

Why are the lights not placed where the light source is? why are they on the ground?

2 Likes

This looks Awesome
Cant wait for it!

2 Likes

Because it looks better like this:
point lights on the ground:

point lights on the ceiling:

5 Likes

oh yeah and also guys I am having difficulties with “layered clothing” to make a new Hazmat suit for the game,
so if anyone has some knowledge with the creation of layered clothing it would help me a lot if they could tell me more about it in this other topic I created:

2 Likes

Just extend the range? Use spot lights? there are a lot of better ways to do this.

1 Like

Alright! here:

10 Likes

Wow this core game looks really good. Can’t wait to play it when it releases!

3 Likes