Would this audio be copyrighted?

I sort-of blended two versions of a song together to make a version that possibly wasn’t copyrighted to add in my game. However, I’m not sure if the audio would still be copyrighted or not.

The audio:

The two originals:
Shouting Out - Grey Daze
Shouting Out (Stripped) - Grey Daze

Can anybody figure it out? If you can, it would be greatly appreciated.

Note: If this is in the wrong category, please tell me so I can change it. I wasn’t sure what category it should’ve been in, but this one seemed the closest. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well if you use the logic of using one then thats one copy right, if thats two then double copyright :tongue:

1 Like

Well I’ve seen Linkin Park mash-up audios that contain like 10 songs that are still up on Roblox :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah well its probably because it hard to differentiae all the songs within the mashup

1 Like

I suppose that makes sense :tongue:

2 Likes

I think it’s safe to say it won’t, remixes are allowed, and cut music is allowed ( I THINK). I remember seeing a cut version of a copyrighted song, being Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve. It was cut to only have the intro and I found it a year after the copyrights. I also found another version that was uploaded 8 months ago, reverb was added and it was slowed a bit. For now, maybe not upload it until we get a clear answer.

The copyright depends on the license they have provided. If the license provided does not include remixes being allowed, then it’s risky.

1 Like