[CLOSED] Would you play this platformer game?

Hello everyone, I’ve been working on platformer recently and I have been wondering… Since I do not know how to make platformer movement would people still play my game? I want to make my game like Adventure Forward 2, it has no platformer movement but it does have unique worlds obstacles, etc. I have thought of using EgoMoose’s Platformer Movement Character Controller, but for no particular reason I do not want to use it. So my question for you guys is to tell me (and be completely honest) if you would still play my platformer if it does not have platformer movement and why?

• Yes, I would.
  • No, I wouldn’t.

0 voters

1 Like

“Adventure Forward 2?”

Two Google searches and 10 minutes of gameplay later…

So I have to say, I actually enjoyed playing this game you mentioned. It felt like what a platformer should be: well-constructed maps with meaningful obstacles. Obbies nowadays typically have unoriginal themes, bland stories and pretty linear courses. “Adventure Forward 2,” on the other hand, has at least a moderately intriguing story, and a comprehensive map design (not to mention they actually have an original soundtrack… at least I think it’s original).

If I were to see a game as good (if not better than) this game, with good advertising and good design, then I probably would play it. Even if it uses basic character movement, you can still use special objects, such as cannons or conveyor belts, to make things more interesting.

Best of luck!

3 Likes

I really love Adventure Forward 2. The story that really gets you going, and the unique yet fun and engaging worlds is what keeps people playing.

Adding platformer movement would make it more dynamic, so you should really only do it if your worlds have more exploring over obstacles, similar to open world games like A Hat in Time, so if you’re going to go for a similar style to Adventure Forward 2, then I suggest you don’t add it.

3 Likes