You can essentially freeze yourself in time

I think this is one of the most interesting bugs your ever going to see…

This has existed for quite a while now and honestly its really simple to reproduce. It is not reproducible on studio as far as I am aware seeming as you don’t have the same exit button as you would in the game client. As far as I’m aware this has just been something which has existed for a long time and honestly you can really ruin games with it especially when a boss has to try to kill you and said boss can’t reach you.

So how do I freeze myself in time, where the server continues but you remain frozen in that exact instant?

• When your in game simply click and hold (but do not release) the exit button. Your screen will freeze, so will your character in game - your audio will continue depending on the sound type. That is all it takes to suspend yourself in time folks. If you release at the center of your screen or anywhere which isn’t the cross then you will simply continue falling. You can of course, exit normally but either way your character freezes.

Example of it being done (added the music for your own benefit so you can see my PC is still running and I haven’t lied):

Want to try it yourself? Have a high platform!
https://www.roblox.com/games/5221290592/High-Platform

2 Likes

Just so you know, this has already been reported here:

3 Likes

That is severely irritating.

I used search and despite numerous scrolling for the word “freeze” or anything related and a ctrl + F search it didn’t bring that up (in the engine bugs catagory). Highly irritating especially when you see a 2014 thread about another freezing issue unrelated to this one.

3 Likes

There isn’t much you can do after posting this. Just hope this gets noticed. I agree it is mildly infuriating that this hasn’t been fixed after so much time, and that so much effort is wasted because of this simple bug.

Ngl music is banging however.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Client/character freezes when holding right click on top of window [repro]