Zoomer - Zooming with ease

Zoomer - Zooming with ease

Hello! My name is @dude8074alt, and I have created this module called Zoomer.

Zoomer is a modulescript that allows you to create system similar to the zoom feature in the Optifine mod for Minecraft.

SETUP

To begin setting up Zoomer, get the module here.

Next, insert the module into StarterCharacterScripts.

After that, create a LocalScript under the module with the following code:

local zoomer = require(script.Parent)

Zoomer is set up!

CUSTOMIZATION

To customize Zoomer for your game, you can use the following commands:

zoomer:SetKeybind(enum key) - Sets the keybind for zooming in to the specified key. Note: The key MUST be a child of Enum.KeyCode! - Defaults to C
zoomer:SetDefaultFOV(number fov) - Sets the default field of view for Zoomer. - Defaults to 70
zoomer:SetZoomedFOV(number fov) - Sets the field of view when you are zoomed in. - Defaults to 30
zoomer:SetEnabled(boolean enabled) - Chooses whether Zoomer is enabled. - Defaults to true
zoomer:ForceZoomIn() - Forces the LocalPlayer to zoom in, even if zoomer is disabled.
zoomer:ForceZoomOut() - Forces the LocalPlayer to zoom out, even if zoomer is disabled.
zoomer:GetZoomerData() - Returns a table of the current data for zoomer.

If you like Zoomer, then please consider donating!

11 Likes

This is cool and all, but what would this be used for exactly??

1 Like

Sniper scopes, telescopes/binoculars and the like i’d presume

2 Likes

Well, I have found an extreme problem with the module. It didn’t save to roblox when I published it, so the module you can get at the moment is blank. I am working on fixing this right now, sorry!

The module’s problem should be fixed now!

1 Like

can we not just do camera.FieldOfView instead of using this module

Zoomer does not just change the field of view. It is an easily customizable module where when you hold the key, it zooms in.

1 Like

That can literly be made with User Input Service, and tween service, it does need to made into a module/library for others to use, as it is pretty easy to make. You didn’t need to post it in dev forums IN MY OPINION, it could have been published in free models with documentation as comments in my opinion.

Zoomer is designed to be a very simple and basic module, and is mainly of use to those wanting something like this, while not having much, if any, programming knowledge.

1 Like

Thanks for taking your time to make this module either way man!

2 Likes

It would be nice to make it smoother but still, though good module, thank you for sharing. :+1:

1 Like