Add a captcha

The idea is simple, and may solve the issue of pm botting.
Add a captcha you must answer if you sent more than 20 messages within an hour.

I’ve seen so many issues with pm botting, it needs to be addressed.

I don’t get pm botted?

support. maybe even limit it to less than 20

narutoworl, nice post dude ಠ_ಠ

also maybe integrate a blacklist for site urls in messages, because they keep using the same site in batches for a few days… when reports take a few hours to finally get to, add the reported message’s site link to the global message blacklist

not sure how feasible this is, which is why it’s a maybe suggestion

I don’t get PM botted, but this seems like a decent idea, as long as the CAPTCHA isn’t too hard, there are some that I find impossible to complete and it pisses me the fuck off.
I do like the ones that are games though, like where it shows 4 pictures and you have to choose the one that fits into x category or the ones that have you put like objects together. So much easier than trying to decipher the ones that are super contorted letters and numbers with lines everywhere.

1 Like

You can but captcha solutions for 50c per 1000 captchas

There’s already a limit, and a few months back I told them how to bypass the limit. It’s just up to them to fix it at this stage.

Please no, it’s hard enough answering loads of pm’s.

WHAT BOTHERS ME IS THE COMMENT LIMIT, AND THAT I’M NEVER ALLOWED TO SAY ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE BECAUSE I NEED TO WAIT A FEW MINUTES
/rage

I wouldn’t want responding to PMs count toward the limit. Just sending. All the spam bots are new accounts who send messages.

I just set my PMs to friends, people I follow, and followers and that takes care of 100% of the bots so far. Got rid of the numerous “Join my group pl0x!” PMs I would always get too.

Um captcha 2.0 has image recognizion or how it’s spelled.

You get a question “check of all the pizzas” and once your done with that, you just send that picture and when sending a new message, you get a box that you only need to check of and wait until your approved.

How I solved PM botting for myself:
“Who can send me messages?” “Friends, users I follow, and users that follow me”

I’ve seen clans pm bot people to join their clan, I’ve got a few of those, but it would be nice if Roblox stopped you from sending the same message over, or very similar.

“20PMs/hour”
From what I tested, I can do 4PMs/min easily so 240PMs/hour. Now I only need to make 11 more bots. With a death by captcha or similiar you can create bots easily so this PM limit would just be bypassed by creating more bots!

The only thing that will work (which has already been mentioned) is to change yout privacy settings.

And personally I need my PM bots, they (will) PM each other or me in order to do some stuff and on a certain point they will easily go past the 20PMs/hour limit.