After last night's ROBLOX update, players are consistently being disconnected from my game

Sorry for the vague report, but I honestly have no idea what could be going on. ROBLOX updated last night, and now I’m receiving many reports of consistent disconnections. Players are disconnecting after just a few minutes of playtime. The change in average playtime reflects this as well.

Link to my game

I have not updated my game in some time, so it’s definitely a change on ROBLOX’s end that’s causing this. It doesn’t appear to be affecting many other games though, as far as I can tell.

My game makes close to zero use of Stepped, so it should not be related to Stepped’s change of behavior.

Were there any other silent changes made to ROBLOX that could be causing issues?

I noticed this while playing the Egghunt today. I’ve been disconnecting consistently.

2 Likes

Really hope there’ll be a response soon. This is kind of a killer problem, and there’s nothing I can do to figure out what’s going on. No errors in the local or server logs whenever these disconnections occur.

If it’s causing you significant losses you could use that developer 911 email. Although staff is probably in office right now, so not sure if that’s necessary.

We will take a look thanks.

1 Like

Anyone got a specific repro case (or some sort of behaviour that makes it more common?)
At the very least, it seems like it doesn’t affect all games (and doesn’t disconnect 100% of the time).

Also players are reporting unable to update/start roblox.

That’s most likely due to them using a mac. Every Thursday when there is an update my mac won’t get the new version of roblox until late Thursday night or Friday morning. I’ve tried just about everything but there is nothing you can do but wait it out until it “realizes” that there is an update. This also happens to other people I know who use macs.

I guess I’ll be doing some trial-and-error to see if there’s a certain aspect of my game that’s triggering the problem.

Do you know about any undocumented changes in the latest update that could possibly be having an impact?

From the sound of it it’s likely a server crash or security-boot, nothing in the last changelist really stands out to me as something that would trigger it. (That’s why I really would like the repro case, was playing some other games earlier today and didn’t get it to happen).

@Cindering We disabled the change that caused servers to crash. Please let us know if the stats recover on your end.

Thank you! The servers seem to be running smoothly again, and the player count is returning to normal. I’ll have another look at the Average Playtime once the updated stats are in.

Alright, cool. That matches our internal statistics. Sorry about this and thanks for reporting!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.