Animation collision bug

Hopping from Allow us to make our animations usable in any game by configuring it and add a library section

Sometimes there seems to be a bug where collisions with the animated parts are ignored by the player if they join while the animation is playing. They can walk right through the visual rendered model of the building.

All visual parts in the screenshot are cancollided, but not anchored. I joined during the building being somewhere else while an animation was played on it using an AnimationController.

Picture taken in https://www.roblox.com/games/186847702/Temple-of-Memories#

Not certain if this is just how I’ve done the animation setup, or if it happens for anyone else, but:

1. Have a running server
  2. Play an animation on some object where the root part is anchored and the rest of the model is unanchored
  3. Have a new player join while the animation is playing (they will not see it play)
  4. Check if the player walks through the animated model (which should be CanCollide)

Just to be clear - the AnimationController is there for the building? So the suspicion is that while the building is being animated but the client isn’t aware of it yet, the collision between the player and the building isn’t in effect?

Exactly.
Although whether the collision geometry is somewhere above the building (it’s supposed to fly up into the sky, and we use the animation system to ignore physics collisions that otherwise flinged the model), or just gone completely for the given client (the existing players can interact with the building collisions, just not players who join while the animation is being played), I’m not certain of.