Anyone else getting "To help prevent spam, new users can't post to the forums for 120000 hours after signup." when trying to post in the forums?

Tried posting on a thread in the forums today and got the message “To help prevent spam, new users can’t post to the forums for 120000 hours after signup.” at the bottom of the screen.

So 13.6986301 years?

What the heck, did we get another group of spammers or did someone mess with the forums?

There was an old thread on here that stated the same comment, but with 16800 hours, but this seems, just, wrong!

11 Likes

Also when I try posting on someone else’s thread and that message pops up I can hover my mouse over the
ROBLOX Forum » Game Creation and Development » Game Design
line at the top and bottom of the screen but I can’t select anything on it to go back to the forums as I normally could before.

1 Like

Looks like a streamer tried raiding the forums again.
They lock the forums whenever this happens.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’ve only played for around 78,840 hours. :frowning: You’d think I would have noticed this restriction after having posted 38,120 times!

On a serious note, does anyone know what’s up here? My privacy settings are not enabled (blocking me from posting on forums/groups) and my account has been verified for 9 years.

Edit: Okay, it took a little while to notice, but it seems that this has effected just about everyone now. The forums are effectively shut down.

1 Like

They shut it down because a streamer named Quackity is trying to get unbanned by having his viewers spam the forums

7 Likes

Lol, that’s probably the opposite of what they should be doing.

9 Likes

Ah, k.
I know there’s been spammers in the past, but getting your followers to spam is going too far.

How about banning/blocking those viewers and anyone under 1 week (168 hours) to keep new alt. accounts from spamming?

3 Likes

Wonder when it will get fixed.

1 Like

Whenever that streamer’s brain gets fixed

20 Likes

Oh god. I can’t wait that long!

4 Likes

Should we consider getting a proper message like “Posting on the forums is temporarily locked. Please try again later” Instead of that message?

3 Likes

All shutting it down will do is encourage other streamers to do the same to get it shut down.

The ultimate solution would be to ask Twitch to shut down streamers who do this.

8 Likes

RIP Forums forever, I guess!

but seriously, this streamer deserves every bit of what he got lol

5 Likes

I’m.alright with streamers doing raids and all, but you have to have the mental capacity of quackity to raid a forum and get it ruined for everyone.

3 Likes

Can’t roblox take any legal action on him?

6 Likes

I can’t help but feel as though Roblox’s reaction is just feeding into this guy. If they just outright IP banned him and then let people spam on the forums they would have gotten bored and it would have died out much faster. Now this guy is just going to keep doing this because every time he does the entire Roblox forums gets shut down and everyone knows its because of him.

5 Likes

I don’t know if they really have a choice, the spammers posted dozens upon dozens of pages of spam that the mods had to spend an extremely long time cleaning up. I’m sure Twitch would probably punish the guy since they don’t permit people to stream TOS violations of third parties.

5 Likes

I think that just letting the spammers post and not giving them any response would have made for a very boring and not entertaining stream. The fact that the viewers were “warring the mods” made it fun and shutting down the forums was like the ultimate climax.

7 Likes

If you show no reaction, eventually they can get no pleasure.
The issue that is[quote=“Cindering, post:18, topic:39161”]
the spammers posted dozens upon dozens of pages of spam
[/quote]

and will now continue to do that whenever the spam limit is lifted. It’ll now be a few more times until its just meme status, like IcedPosiden.

I imagine that it would have had a following, maybe a week tops, then died off. It would be annoying to have that yes, but then again, it’d be just a matter of cleaning up post-quackalypse.

1 Like

Post quackityclysm?
Quackityastrophe?
:frowning:

2 Likes