Bug for Mac Users

[quote] This has been happening for me, lately, too!

When I join a multiplayer game, usually I can’t see anyone moving, or any physics objects moving (although they still are on their screens). When I join first, I can see everyone and everything moving fine for a bit, but then after some time it all freezes. [/quote]

Please see my previous post on ways to help us debug, thanks.

[quote] Baumz, can you repro this in studio?

Another thing to try is disable interpolation, on mac you can do this in studio Preference->Rendering-> check “DebugDisableInterpolation”. With this set, you’ll see more movement stutter, but it could help us understand what’s wrong. After it’s set, try again in an online game and let me know the results, thanks. [/quote]

Ok i’ll see if I can.

Ok just made these. I was able to reproduce both even with the setting disabled.

sorry for bad quality, was only way I could get them to upload quicker.

This first one is the Studio Reproduce, very simple.

On this second video, the online one, however I think I might of found something.
At around 6 mins into the video, I’m playing around with the jeep and player in the jeep. This is new to me however with that it seems like the physics isn’t rendering when I’m a certain amount of studs away from were the motion is taking place. Also when the player jumps out of the jeep, its like he wasn’t next to me and was really by his place, as you can tell when he jumps out its like he teleported.

Also the player in the jeep joined after I did that’s why is motion renders for me. The player with the delete tool standing still was already in the server, which is why his motion doesn’t render even if I’m next to him. It might be non anchored parts that are not humanoid controlled only render if there nearby, but Humanoids won’t ever render if they were created before I joined.

It seems to be happening to me to. Ever since that update (In which I got access to EPIC graphics when I set it to 10, as well as got copy and paste, it’s not a bad update.) I’ve been seeing this happen. They end up un-freezing (thawing?) after a little while, but it sometimes causes problems for me.

SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME!!! You made this thread at the perfect time. I thought it was my local parts and that I’d have to scrap my game! Whew

I’m on Windows 7 Ultimate (100% not cracked) and this started happening today. Network seems fine, and this is driving me crazy! My friend’s car is not moving and I tell him to drive to me, and he says “what are you talking about, I’m right beside you?”

Not just a mac bug. Retitle the topic please so they know it’s everybody

[quote] SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME!!! You made this thread at the perfect time. I thought it was my local parts and that I’d have to scrap my game! Whew

I’m on Windows 7 Ultimate (100% not cracked) and this started happening today. Network seems fine, and this is driving me crazy! My friend’s car is not moving and I tell him to drive to me, and he says “what are you talking about, I’m right beside you?”

Not just a mac bug. Retitle the topic please so they know it’s everybody [/quote]

Umm, your the first to be a non mac user having this bug. I’ll change the title if there is at least one more person having this problem who is not on a mac.

Seriously?
That’s strange. I’ve been noticing it all day today (did not notice at all yesterday)

Did it start today for you as well? And is my description accurate of what is happening?

[quote] Seriously?
That’s strange. I’ve been noticing it all day today (did not notice at all yesterday)

Did it start today for you as well? And is my description accurate of what is happening? [/quote]

No, as you can tell by the creation of this thread, I’ve been experiencing it for about 2-3 weeks.

[quote] Seriously?

Did it start today for you as well? And is my description accurate of what is happening? [/quote]

No, as you can tell by the creation of this thread, I’ve been experiencing it for about 2-3 weeks.[/quote]

Now this gets even more strange! I had this too (see my post a few days ago in this topic).

It has been fixed for me! No overheating the GPU and the players are moving FINE! No problem at all! Even more strange: this GPU overheating and player freezing happened on my own place. If I join now - no overheat and no freezing. Note: I did not update the game at all…

[quote] [quote=“Rukiryo” post=30342]Seriously?

No, as you can tell by the creation of this thread, I’ve been experiencing it for about 2-3 weeks.[/quote]

Now this gets even more strange! I had this too (see my post a few days ago in this topic).

It has been fixed for me! No overheating the GPU and the players are moving FINE! No problem at all! Even more strange: this GPU overheating and player freezing happened on my own place. If I join now - no overheat and no freezing. Note: I did not update the game at all…[/quote]

Yes, this is happening at my place (yesterday at least). I use local parts cars I’m experimenting with and they even made the blog, so I was afraid I’d need to scrap that. Seeing that the issue isn’t me, is good.

But important question, are you windows or mac?

[quote] [quote=“Baumz” post=30353][quote=“Rukiryo” post=30342]Seriously?

It has been fixed for me! No overheating the GPU and the players are moving FINE! No problem at all! Even more strange: this GPU overheating and player freezing happened on my own place. If I join now - no overheat and no freezing. Note: I did not update the game at all…[/quote]

Yes, this is happening at my place (yesterday at least). I use local parts cars I’m experimenting with and they even made the blog, so I was afraid I’d need to scrap that. Seeing that the issue isn’t me, is good.

But important question, are you windows or mac?[/quote]

I’m on a mac. Sorry, had to note that.

It now seems that the overheat bug has been fixed for me - the GPU gets hot, but not THAT hot. Also, the network bug is back… Players freeze - and only the players which were in the game before I got there.

Just a bump since its gone off the front page and it’s still an issue.

This issue should be fixed on www.gametest1.robloxlabs.com. Feel free to give it a try. If all goes well, it’ll be released to prod next week.

can someone join me? kinda hard to test it all alone.

http://www.gametest1.robloxlabs.com/RoboYZs-Place-Number-8-place?id=62181511

[Edit 2] DISREGARD THIS POST

–Snip–

The fix was only turned on for online play last night. It should be turned on now for studio also.

Could of told me that :p, trying to find other people to play with me on gametest1 is kinda hard.

You can disregard my last post. Just tested it and it works Great :D!

Just found my new favorite mod! [size=1]sorry hawkington : ([/size]

Let’s bump this topic again.

Has this update been deployed already?

I currently can’t seem to play games with big maps. Apocalypse Rising is crashing on me, for example. The GPU is also heating my room, which I would like in the winter but not in current season…