Client Kills Wi-Fi Connection

fyi keth is no longer working on apoc

i’m basically grabbing for straws at anyone who’s going to care to fix this issue. Gusmanak doesn’t seem interested, so I hope someone else on the team will be. Right now i’m a very disgruntled, combat-logged player.

I can take a look at the code but I’m 100% we do nothing to purposely cause disconnects on people, so that sounds like something roblox is doing?

As far as I’m aware the queuing system waits for the requested server to update a datastore containing the servers job id and player count, it isn’t suppose to attempt teleporting until it recognizes that there are player slots available. Again I’ll look into it, I’m not super familiar with that code so it’s totally possible that there is a bug growing in it.

1 Like

I’m merely pointing blame at the game for the buggy lobby/queue system, although I do believe it’s the game teleportation feature that’s been giving me real trouble. Since the system cannot accurately check if the server is already full, it allows the player to join it regardless, so the server is confused. At that point it decides to eject a player already in the game, and for some reason it has always been me first. It may be a part of the process though I highly doubt the client is programmed to disconnect the computer’s wi-fi in a situation like this.

As for the queue system, it is indeed broken. Further details:

• Ability to join “full” servers instead of Queuing (although whether or not they were actually full, I have not recorded). What I assume is the root of this disconnection bug.
  • Sometimes trying to enter any server, including via the Play button (on rare occasions), queues you infinitely.
  • Additionally, the infinite queue bug may disallow you from joining any servers until you reenter the lobby game.
1 Like

I’m now getting this same issue. It seems to happen randomly in any game and ??? I’m not even on OS X which is interesting. Not sure if this is a ‘defo’ thing to happen in every game so when I get some freetime I’ll jump into a few

I’m getting similar to this as well?!

I’ve got full bars on my wifi and a stable connection.
I click Join and almost straight away my WiFi connection is lost and I have to close the ROBLOX player and wait a couple of minutes before it comes back?! :confused:

2 Likes

I should mention that the “Solution” was just a coincidental quirk with teleportation, so I do still get this bug on absolute random. I’ve even joined AR servers with as little as 4 players and was disconnected within a minute. If you guys are having the same issue, maybe we can try and uncover the pattern behind this bug.

Among my sea of “I don’t knows”, I’m not sure if this is the same bug that occurs on other PC’s. Other accounts of this issue seem to occur fairly differently from mine’s (Resync is not on a Mac, jjwood1600 gets the bug when clicking Join). If Staff could really try to help us draw a solution, that would be awesome. This bug doesn’t affect the majority of users, but it does exist and is troubling us few.

Yeah, to me it seems different :confused:

This happens to me on ANY game and only started recently happening.
(I’m on Windows 10 if that helps)

You can unmark as solved by clicking the solved button again

Gotcha. I’ll uncheck it for now, having realized that it’s not a solution to the real issue at hand.

It’s not a real pattern, though I have noticed that people also claiming this bug are all on Windows PCs. Being on a Mac, it’s good to know that it’s not just another Mac-native problem. I do believe that SOMETHING written into the client is disabling the computer’s wi-fi connections, so we should consider what could have access (or power) to turn it off without permission.

Hmm, the weird thing is that on the ODD occasion, the ROBLOX player starts the loading and I can see some of the map forming, but it never fully loads and the Wifi disconnects way before it is done.

The wifi kinda feels like its being ddosed as it goes very slow, then dies and then I have to wait a couple of minutes. I know the ROBLOX player isn’t ddosing me but that’s what it feels like :smiley:

I’m not sure if this is related but I also started getting this problem, but it wasn’t just on when using Roblox, it happens when I’m playing other games (Overwatch in particular) and even just browsing the web, it also happens when I’m using Team Create.

My ping visibly climbs to 650+, once even up to 1800, and it also kills all the devices on the wifi.

I’ve checked and it only happens when my computer is connected, and mine is the only one with Roblox on.

Flushing my DNS cache fixes the problem for about 5 seconds, then it’s back to how it was.

1 Like

Same here! I also try resetting my wifi adapter.

It’s very annoying ; (

Is this happening to anyone else? : /

1 Like

If I may mention, the new “Kicked for high ping” Apocalypse Rising update did not help my stuttering wi-fi situation at all, @Gusmanak . My friend Steve_U and I both got kicked repeatedly although neither of us experienced any heavy lag (needless to say we don’t lagswitch). Kicking players for high ping definitely isn’t the answer to whatever you were aiming to fix. This is the line where i’ll stop playing AR until solutions can be made to this wi-fi problem.

I don’t like to bump, much less my own posts, but is there any word on Roblox looking into this issue? I was just at my WIP game and it cut my wi-fi about 2 minutes in, so this is still a problem for me.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still experiencing this, although my Wifi cuts out after about 10 seconds - it can sometimes be as long as 2 minutes and as short as 2 seconds, though.

Could it be that your router has packet flood protection that’s triggering because Roblox client is sending/receiving a lot of what looks like random (i.e. encrypted) UDP packets?

Hey! Sorry for the late resonse!

Well, after further research, It can’t be to do with my WiFi because it is fine on my laptop; and yet I still cannot connect to the roblox client on my desktop PC :confused:

On my PC, I join and then all I see is the skybox - In task manager it shows that I am recieveing 2-3 mbps so the ROBLOX client is definitely recieving data to try and load the game but then I just get CURL errors about connection timeout in the dev console and my internet connection drops for about 1 minute after that and then it is back to normal again.

When those errors start occurring, do you see an explicit disconnect? I.e. on your PC, change your wifi network settings to not connect automatically, and then connect manually, and see if it disconnects on its own, while you’re running Roblox.