Color+ - The Most Overlycomplicated Color Plugin

It appears I never made a central thread on a plugin I made called Color+. So, time to explain my most complicated plugin ever.

Color+ comes with 3 buttons. The first button will show/hide the gui. The paint bucket tool will (when active) color any clicked brick to the closest brick color defined in the gui, and the eye dropper tool will set the brick color in the gui to the brick color of the selected brick.

The first top 4 buttons of the gui are for the options of the color pickers (see above). There are the two pickers that are normally found (first one is used in Roblox) which you just drag your cursor. The “Photoshop View” is the view you would find in… well… Adobe Photoshop (and Illustrator for the matter, at least the schools CS4 version :stuck_out_tongue: ). For the shade of the color, just drag on the square, and move the color bar up and down to change the color.

The last view is all of the existing BrickColors (up to BrickColor3.new(2000)), all in order from the highest magnitude of their Color3 to the lowest.

This plugin has 5 different color modes supported for manual input or reading off of, including RGB/Color3, Hex, HSV, HSL, and CMYK. RGB is the combination of Red, Green, and Blue light. Hex is a 6 character string which forms 3 numbers, each between 0 and 255 (forms RGB color), HSV is Hue (Color), Saturation (Color to fully white), and Key (Color to Black), HSL is HSV but has Lightness, which is black to the color, then to white. and finally CMYK is the combination of Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow, with Key being how dark it is.

The bottom bar has all of the info you may want for coloring. The left square is the color you have picked, with the right square having the closest BrickColor. The button “Apply To Selection” was a suggestion I got in a PM to apply the BrickColor to the parts you have selected in the explorer tab, in case you don’t like the paint bucket.

There is a special module that runs all this that can be re-fitted to work as a tool instead of a plugin, and it uses my special MouseModule so I don’t need to have the plugin active to work. Based on the fact is has +300 takes, I assume this plugin works as it should. :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn Lego, thanks for putting the time in to create this plugin, it’s beautiful.

Update time!
+Added Darkness sliders to Square and Circle Views
+Added shading for Square and Circle Views based on Darkness/Value
+Moved most textures to gradients using Frames
+Added mouse icon
+Minor optimizations