Comment Like/Dislike System

Potential empty updates (Changing camera position) could be used to clear the bad comments from the current version comments

1 Like

@pauljkl

Potential empty updates (Changing camera position) could be used to clear the bad comments from the current version comments

That is true, however people would still be able to check the All Versions comments, and it would show the comments from the previous update at the top.

2 Likes

So like this?

Game was updated to V302
Game is lame
Visit this site for free Robux ####.##
Game was updated to V301
This game is somewhat broken
Game was updated to V300
I hate this game, it is bad. It broke all the things

Or were you thinking tabs?

@pauljkl

So like this?

Game was updated to V302
Game is lame
Visit this site for free Robux ####.##
Game was updated to V301
This game is somewhat broken
Game was updated to V300
I hate this game, it is bad. It broke all the things

Or were you thinking tabs?

I was thinking something like this:

2 Likes

I don’t see how this can reduce spam, as people are going to spam just as much as they did before. Old version comments are going to be spam and new version comments are going to be even more spam because people want to get their comments seen.

Maybe I’m not understanding this, but I don’t see how this is any different than just loading the recent comments. All this adds is a way to view comments made like 2 days ago in a separate tab.

4 Likes

I think it is a case of when comments are legitimate, the voting would give the comments an order, so that legit comments are higher. Then any complaints that X is broken would be removed once a new version is out so that the comment about broken things is no longer the top comment

So the way YouTube does it?

1 Like

Yes, but this, just like the current comment system, can be botted to have the spam reach the top of the list.

Well there is no way in telling if this will help spam or if it will stay the same, so the only way to solve this is to test the idea. If after say a month, there is the same amount of spam at the top of the comments section, then the idea can be removed. But I personally have a feeling that this will work quite well, as it did with the games on the front page, when the like system for games was added.

Basically.

You guys don’t seem to understand what good this would bring. Think about it, actual quality comments are the most visible ones. On the botting, that can be worked around with some security measures. Non intrusive CAPTCHA or a requirement to play the game itself.

In any case it’s a ton better than the current commenting system, which accomplishes nothing at all. Tell me if even once time you read your comments with the intent of finding critique. You haven’t. We need a sort of (curated?) reviewer space. Very necessary to split the good games from the bad ones. Support.

1 Like

Please note: The YouTube system works great, but the content doesn’t change. In a game, content will change often, so you can’t rely on the same system.

There should be a balance between upvoted comments and the date at which they are posted. Old comments that got lots of upvotes might not relate to the game any longer. Similar to how Spotify’s lists of most popular songs per artist isn’t solely based on number of plays, but based on recent frequency.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Comment Like/Dislike System:

I agree, that would be a better idea. That would solve the problems with people updating their games just to reset the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvN7YV7piJI

2 Likes

@DataBrain
That would be ridiculous, it would just be a waste of time, and someone would eventually find a way to get around it.

You’re calling a piece of software Google spent ages on working to combat bots excessive, when it has been built to be the most easiest anti bot verification program to date…? ok

Honestly, it would solve all of this.

4 Likes

That’s not how features are done. They’re planned out beforehand because if it ends up being removed, you just wasted a lot of time and money.

I personally want to see a system that shadowbans spammers without telling them. How you identify something as spam is a whole other issue.

2 Likes

The comment system can easily be fixed using a system similar to email inboxes. I’ve been doing a lot of work regarding emailing since I’m setting up subscriptions for my blog, and I feel this system works really well.

Basically, it’s like a point system. When receiving an email, it checks it out and grades the message.

Message contains a link to a place or advertises one? (“go to my…”) -1 point
Message advertises robux? (“free robux!!!”) -1 point
Message contains a bunch of unusual characters? -1 point
Message looks like a copy/paste post (“builderman told me…”) -5 points
Poster has a history of spamming X amounts of times in the past X hours -2 points
Poster recently joined? -1 point automatically.
Things like this

If the message receives a grade of, lets say 5/10, that message is automatically flagged as spam and sent to your spam box. In the cases of comments, when publishing the comment, the comment can either be muted automatically or maybe a popup that says “Spam detected. Change your comment to post”.

Almost all inboxes use a system like this, and I rarely see spam make it successfully to my inbox.

Information on how they work
http://mailchimp.com/resources/guides/how-to-avoid-spam-filters/html/

3 Likes

PlayerPoints.

2 Likes

UPDATE:
I thought of an idea. What if on each item(game, shirt, model, etc.) you had an option which said “Block Spam Comments” and it had a tick box. That way you could block any comments that would be recognized as spam. And there could be a section with comments that have been removed as spam. That way if you were the owner of the item, you could re-add any comments that were removed for spam, that weren’t actually spam comments.

1 Like