Developer Forum Read Only Mode for 24hrs (May 16, 2018)

Hey Developers,

As you might know, we have been planning to migrate the Developer Forum into our own hosted servers. .

You can find out more about our previous migration attempt at Update: Developer Forum Migration (May 10th, 2018)

We will be officially migrating the Developer Forum later this week on Wednesday (May 16, 2018) at 1:00 PM PST

Please keep the following in mind during and after the migration:

• Images after the 10th of May might not load for a while. It will fully load after a few days, please feel free to re-edit older posts to bring back those images
  • You will not be able to log in to the developer forum when it’s in read-only mode

If you experience any issues after the migration please let us know by replying to this thread or by tweeting at @RobloxDevRel.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

14 Likes

Okay jolly good.

So it was an asset upload problem?

We had several issues during the previous migration such as the backup not properly uploading and failing several tests, avatars not showing up and the our recent plugins not updating. We have a new plan covering those areas which will help increase the success of the 2nd attempt.

1 Like

Here we go again :roll_eyes:, hopefully this time it’ll work. Can’t last a day without the devforum.

6 Likes

Yeah

Plus I’m concerned about my visit streak.

10 Likes

How will this affect user streaks? (Affecting badges) Such as my situation for example.

8 Likes

Great question to ask!

We are unsure if migrating the forum could impact the user streak badges. Sadly, there is no way for us to confirm this information.

Theory Crafting: There is the possibility that some users might be able to keep those badge if they log in right after the migration is over and have some time left over to meet the requirements of those badges. We will have to wait and see what might occur due to it.

2 Likes

What about my situation, of which we spoke in the discord 5 days ago and you’ve not replied since?

Apologies for delay on it. I take a look at the message shortly and provide a response.

Last person to comment (before read only) wins my trust

Hi, I’m the last to comment.

There is nothing more I could want, see you all in 24 hours!

3 Likes