Disable button for the chat/party interface

I don’t use the chat/party interface on the website at all and I don’t intend on using it in the future, yet it keeps maximizing itself every now and then while browsing the website, even after I minimize it, which is annoying.

My request is to add a button to the Settings/Privacy tab to completely disable the chat/party interface, which used to be possible for the old chat/party system.

12 Likes

Minimization bug or not, we should still be able to disable it. Not because the chat widget is lacking, but because some of us prefer PMs over live chat where we have to make ourselves available 24/7. Forcing new features onto us to increase use is bad – don’t do it please.

Oh, and if you put this into a user script, good riddance chat widget:

var chatContainer = document.getElementById("chat-container");
if (chatContainer) {
  chatContainer.parentNode.removeChild(chatContainer);
}
5 Likes

I was literally about to make this topic

It’s taking a lot of effort to not full caps scream my head off about how annoying it is. Especially how awkwardly large it is.

Please do remove this, its bad enough my internet is slow but I have to wait until the entire site is loaded ( scripts ) until i can minimize it q.q

actually sometimes i can’t at all even after the site loads because some scripts failed because my internet

1 Like

It’s in the way and I don’t use it. I’m not the only one who checked to see if we could turn it off the second it was changed.

Thought I’d bump this because this is still annoying me.

2 Likes

When I’m browsing the website I’d prefer if people I friended cannot contact me in real-time. It’s very annoying that the chats open themselves and also have sounds whenever a new chat arrives, specifically because I don’t want to use this chat at all and I don’t want to remove people from my friends list for the sole purpose of not being bothered either.

Could you please consider making a toggle for this somewhere in the settings/preferences on the website, at least to turn off notifications for it (sound and popup)?

2 Likes

I agree with this. I don’t use it, and I don’t want to.

I’d like to see this a feature too, it makes it hard to moderate the forums when it keeps popping up full-screen and covering the page.

3 Likes

I disabled the interface with the userscript I posted earlier but that doesn’t stop the tab name change spam (seizure inducing flashing across all my ROBLOX tabs is super uncool) and the accompanying audio. Please allow us to disable this – I don’t want the super spam the chat brings on nor for people to be able to contact me in real time. Forcing time to get people to use it is over.

2 Likes

I just had to remove a new person from my friends list because they kept trying to send me chat messages, causing the obnoxious chat window to automatically pop up, play a sound, and make all of my tabs flash with the name change.

Why are we not allowed to disable the chat yet? Like the others have said above, I do not want to use ROBLOX’s chat system. I should not be forced to be available for chats all the time, and I should not be forced to deal with the annoying pop-ups and notifications that come from people trying to chat me. It is simply a disruption whenever someone tries to chat me, and I don’t understand why the option to disable chat was taken away in the first place.

2 Likes