Fade effects. As in transparency of an object

I am not sure how you would do this but am I able to make one part have a transparency to have this “fade effects”?

This is a picture of what I am thinking. I want this fade-effect as in one block instead of multiple parts with different transparency. It clearly indicates that it is multiple objects because of the squares (marked in red)

7 Likes

I’ve always made a grayscale decal of a gradient going from grey to transparent.

Might take a few tries to avoid obvious edges on the transparent end along with a couple decals since some brick faces flip the decal around.

28 Likes

Finally, he reveals his secrets.

16 Likes

Yeah lol.

Pardon me for being a little late, but I have to say it gets really cool when you can use this on curved objects:

Cool Fade - Create, Discover and Share GIFs on Gfycat

Cool Fade GIF on Gfycat. Discover more GIFS online at Gfycat.

Shout out to Zomebody for revealing the trick on twitter allowing me to do this!
8 Likes

Wow, amazing. Thanks for the reply. Not late at all. All help is great! How did the person do it though?

1 Like

Well, what I essentially did was after learning of the cool fade trick from Zomebody, I realized that it wasn’t limited to cylinders to be applied as decals. I modeled some curved objects in blender and got a white fade and pasted it as the mesh’s texture after unwrapping it.

2 Likes

So…add a sphere in blender, uv unwrap so it’s fit a fade texture, export, add the texture in studio. Is that how you would do it?

I’d love to see that same gif, but with the no textures on the objects. I’d love it even more if you can open-source a place with that setup.

1 Like

Yep that’s pretty much it, with a bit of transparency on the object of course. However, be careful when unwrapping to ensure that the face directions are all facing the right way. Else, the fade will be upside down in some place and right side up in some.

1 Like

Open-source please?

2 Likes

I’d love an open source too.

@MarcusDeving @nurgenius https://www.roblox.com/catalog/01560148722/redirect
Read the description please!

7 Likes

THANKS!!! The source is much appreciated

1 Like

Made a plugin to solve this issue

plugin that turns frames into gradients, there are also ustom gradients (enter two RGB codes and it generates a gradient)

It uses a secret imagelabel trick
Backgroundcolor and ImageColor

2 Likes