I can still walk if my HumanoidRootPart is anchored

I shouldn’t be able to walk if my HumanoidRootPart is anchored. I can’t jump; the humanoid transitions into the jump state but doesn’t physically move up. I can still walk horizontally, though. This can be reproduced in studio by spawning your character, anchoring the HumanoidRootPart, and then walking.

7 Likes

If I remember right, this only works for R6. In my R15 game I anchor the HumanoidRootPart all the time, at least I think.

Nope, I’ve experienced this with R15 as well, I had to disable the jump state, set WalkSpeed to 0, as well as anchor to make sure they don’t move.

2 Likes

How long has this been an issue? Granted, I have a custom camera, but I’ve kept the same script that just anchors the HumanoidRootPart for several months.

I remember it being an issue since I used to work on an old boss test, about 7-ish months ago.

I just platformstand the humanoid whenever i anchor the root part.

Can’t you still jump out of PlatformStand? I remember reading something like that on the wiki and not using it.

Oh yeah i forgot. I usually disable backspacing out of platformstand too

Can this be solved by forcing the Physics state on the Humanoid? Haven’t tested it yet, but it could be a temporary fix if it does work.

It would be, yes. Physics will cause the player model to behave like an ordinary model (something you built), and since they can’t escape that state in any way, it’d be a quite easy method to use.

1 Like