Mad Studio games

Heya. Loleris here.

Wondered if anyone was interested in joining Mad Studio lately? The current project is called “Mad Strike” and all sorts of skills will be nescessary.

To be honest I’d really love to work with another scripter since game development is going along pretty dry lately… Not that our games are dry, but just plain difficult for a single person to manage.

So far I’ve prepared a module structure for making WAC3 animated weapons with weapon states, weapon stats, weapon animations being seperated into individual modules. I guess it’s a bit technical, but a very universal structure for fluent weapon development:

1 Like

Could we get a little more information on the project? Animations are cool and all but I (and I’m sure many others) would appreciate a little more info.

Is it safe to assume this’ll be like counter strike?

I know Mad Strike primarily can associate with CS, but it’s more of a mediocre shooting game with mechanics similar to TF2 (What a surprise).

Some existing concepts include weapon drops and weapon upgrades to each individual weapon item, some primitive crafting and possible competitive machmaking / ranks / tournaments.

Like all Mad Studio games, this one will also be fun to play, crazy and such.

1 Like

Sorry, this is a bit off-topic but…

By the way it sounds this is going to be something parallel to but not a revamped version of Mad Paintball, correct? If that’s the case, I would really recommend changing it to Mad Paintball 2.0. Mad Paintball is a good game in its own sort: fun to play, enough strategy, rewarding and good mechanics. You basically already have a shooter, so why make a new one when you can upgrade your old one to make it even better?

I could tell you why… But then I’d have to mad murder you…

1 Like

Post pictures so we know what we are getting into,

Why is everyone asking about the game instead of asking about the job and the pay? I’d like to know how much money I’d be making and what I’d be doing to make it. I’m not interested, but I’d like to know if I was.

When I call for people to my group I imagine theese people would take game development seriously and instead of trying to “shape” an abstract player base in the way they prefer, they could be learning how successful games are made with me. Still, everything relies on personal goals.

Being a persistent worker at Mad Studio would start from a minimum of 1,000 USD monthly.

1 Like

Hey I’ll join (-:

1 Like

Just wondering, roughly how many hours per month do you imagine this entails?

Plenty, up to the point where it’s almost a full-time for scripters.

Any other asset making requires less hours.

1 Like

y u ignore me loleris?

I bet you if we put our differences aside, and kept our competing games separate, we could make a pretty good team. As you probably have assumed, everything in MM2 is scripted by me (crates, etc), I’d say I’m rather good at that kinda stuff. Isn’t that basically what Pyro was? I could fill that role well.

You’ll probably still ignore me anyway but
¯_(ツ)_/¯

There’s no share payment? So when the game releases the workers just stop earning money since there’s nothing left to do?

It all really depends on how much experience is suggested/required. (for me at least)

Just visited the place. Don’t take this the wrong way but you need more than just scripters. The gun models are a bit cringe-worthy considering what (I think) you’re trying to accomplish.

Any more info? I’m interested.

seems kind of surprising you would want to team up.

They could be place holders.

I used to be involved in a lot of shooting type games and loved working on them. I’m interested.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.