More Feed Features

So right now the current Roblox home page sends you to your news feed, where groups and players can shout at you.

That’s great and all, but sometimes my feed doesn’t get updated for days or weeks because my best friends don’t yell at me enough.

I had a mockup drawn for this idea, but I might have already overwritten it… But let me tell you, it was beautiful

What if there were more reasons to check out your feed? For example, I’m thinking every time you favorite a place, everyone who’s subscribed to your feed can see it. Or perhaps if you’ve been frequently playing Apoc Rising. Or if their Roblox anniversary is coming up. Or if a model or shirt they’re selling is doing particularly well, I can check it out.

Now obviously these should be optional for privacy reasons, but the feed could be more informative. I’d like to know what people are doing on Roblox.

Another thing I wish that was changed is to remove the Best Friend condition to have other people see your feed. Instead of Best Friends, they should be subscribers. I know this one might be harder to do on a technical end because the site isn’t set up for this, but it’d be neat if I could see what some other Robloxians who may not know me are doing.

Of course, you would be able to hide your feed from others like any other normal social messaging site.

idk what are your thoughts guysss//???Q@!1

Edit - Post F&F update phase 1:
Roblox site feed needs more feedback
Like when you post to the feed, get mentions…
I feel like when I hit the Send button, I’m speaking to a blank page cus I never see my own shouts in my feed
also

[spoiler]

All this blank space and spam
(CloneTrooper1019 creates 160976242 three times in that screen shot and 172162063 twice…?)[/spoiler]

I kinda agree.

ROBLOX has a good website complete with great short cuts and good aesthetics, but all there is REALLY is a page full of games, a page to buy stuff, a page to chat to random losers (forums lol), and your personal page. Yeah it seems a lot in a way, but it feels kinda empty to me. Things to spice it up would be nice.

Yeah at the moment I feel like I’m walled up in my own little corner of the website because my friends just choose not to use the feed.

I wish it was more inviting.

I really do like the subscription idea. For instance, you could set your feed to show if a subscribed user has recently updated their place, added a clothing item to sell, etc. All customizable, of course.

This would also be useful from a developer standpoint in allowing devs to communicate game changing updates or news to their fans

I wish devs could make shouts from their places, sounds weird but maybe if a user has favourited it, they will recieve update posts from the creator. For e.g:

“[Minigame Madness] Update 1.3 released!”

And also a “version” configuration for games pls that players can see on the game page :slight_smile: that the dev can set to things like V1,1.2,5.47335 etc

[quote] Update 1.3 released!"

And also a “version” configuration for games pls that players can see on the game page :slight_smile: that the dev can set to things like V1,1.2,5.47335 etc [/quote]

I’d like the shout to anyone who favorited feature cause then it’d turn favorites from a “play this later” list to something you can actually keep track of. Cause once games wander past the 6 game per favorite page thing, it’s pretty much out of sight/ mind for good.

I want a way to disable all of the shouts from Kestrel. I had to leave the group :emo-angst:

[quote] Update 1.3 released!"

And also a “version” configuration for games pls that players can see on the game page :slight_smile: that the dev can set to things like V1,1.2,5.47335 etc [/quote]

Extended post of what I mean here

Updated OP with Edit