New Parental Control Setting

Hello Developers,

We have another update regarding Kids Safety. Today we are releasing an additional account setting designed to empower parents and protect users.

All accounts will now have access to an “Account Restriction” setting that will enable text and chat restrictions as well as a restrict playable games to filtering enabled games only. User’s that enable this setting will be unable to discover and play game without filtering enabled.

How this Impacts Developers?

• If you are a developer with a game that is already Filtering Enabled there will be no impact from this update.

• If your game is not FE, it will be undiscoverable to any accounts with the “Account Restriction” setting enabled.

For more information on FE please check out our wiki article here.

28 Likes

Woo! :tada:

Is this an opt-in or opt-out feature for < 13 accounts? I’d reccomend an opt-out feature, since parents shouldn’t be expected to know about Security & Filtering Enabled.

4 Likes

Will games that aren’t currently filteringenabled automatically switch over to be discoverable once it is turned on or is it a manual process?

4 Likes

Would it be easy to toggle this new account safety feature (like an on/off switch) or will it involve the parents’ permission somehow (such as parental email verification)?

2 Likes

Is this new setting off by default?

1 Like

Seems to be off by default (on my existing <13 test account)

1 Like

It’s also off by default for new accounts.

1 Like

Turn on for <13 by default please

18 Likes

Thank you!

I’ve recently had to deal with damages due to this not already being in place with a family who’s child I am teaching Roblox to.

This helps a ton, although a little late, it’s super appreciated!
Kudos to the team that worked on this!

1 Like

Seems cool! :tada:

1 Like

This is what it will look like trying to play a game that’s not FE/Curated?

Although, I was able to play a game on the front page that couldn’t of had FE and I was near-instantly presented with some ‘not very nice’ things. I made a duddy account to test this and I can’t remember what game it was sorry but I do remember playing an script house game which should be off limits to kids for obvious reasons.

Same. I tried to join a testing place on a dud account with this new permission (which is an exact replica of the game we have in a live place) with filtering on and couldn’t, but I could join the live place.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.