No audio in all games

Okay so, just yesterday I was playing games on roblox just fine, no audio problems. All of a sudden, my audio bugs out and has now been broken in all roblox games meaning - there is no sound whatsoever. I’ve tried multiple things such as uninstalling the roblox player and reinstalling.

Though I noticed something odd when I recorded a video when I was testing in a game with music. I played the recording back and I could hear the ingame sound in the recording, yet there’s absolutely no sound while I’m in game. The audio used to bug out and cause a bit of lag when joining roblox games but come back soon after. Now it’s just fully gone.

I would provide an example but video playbacks show there is audio sound in roblox games, but when in-game without a recording, there is no sound.

14 Likes

Could you provide more information on the bug? Things like your OS, when it stopped working, and if there are any apps that might change the volume running on your computer could help with this issue.

This sounds like something that’s happening with your computer and not Roblox. Check your audio settings to see if everything is okay, and try to track down what were you doing that muted your computer.

3 Likes

Have you tried changing the output device or checking the volume mixer?

1 Like

It stopped working just yesterday. It seems audio playback after recording in a game, there is sound. But no sound while in game. I’ve checked my audio settings and they seem fine. I have Microsoft Windows 10.

Yes, I’ve tried this also and while in ROBLOX on the volume mixer, it is not mute.

1 Like

I meant your PC volume mixer.

1 Like

Yeah…I checked that.

1 Like

Screenshot_11

That is in volume mixer.

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in that I’ve been having the same exact issue, starting last night. Were you able to resolve the issue? Any insight would be appreciated.

5 Likes

Do you get any errors in the developer console showing that audio failed to load? And is the issue present in Studio too, or just in-game?

3 Likes

I did not receive any output. I did not get sound for either the server, client, or in-game. I got sound from all other applications except ROBLOX, even when my audio mixer settings from ROBLOX were enabled. Thankfully the issue sorted itself out after I restarted my PC and reinstalled ROBLOX.

2 Likes

Ik I’m very late, but I’ve been having this issue on Xbox for a year now with dev console output saying that it all failed to load.

2 Likes

I know this is a necro but, I’m getting this problem now. In windows, it’s set to the correct device, and its volume is up, I get sound in other programs but roblox studio and any roblox game is silent. My in game volume is up and Roblox isn’t appearing in the windows volume mixxer.
I’ve tried reinstalling and restarting the computer but no dice.

2 Likes

So, I solved it, at least for me.
I have a VR headset (Oculus Rift). If I leave it plugged in, Roblox will use it whether I like it or not and so I have to unplug it so I can go into Roblox’s settings and disable VR so it wont happen again in the future. (why I can’t just do that while VR is active is beyond me). I normally only bother unplugging the HDMI cable as that’s enough to stop it but it turns out if I don’t unplug the USB cable as well then audio will continue to go to my headset even though I’m not wearing it, VR is not active and my device is set to my speakers.
I really hate Roblox’s aggressive use of my VR headset.

Edit: Here’s a bug report I made on this issue if anyone would like to contribute:

8 Likes