Notifications Stream for Beta Testers!

Not being stacked. :frowning:
blob.png

3 Likes

I like this, it has a lot of potential! I think a bell might be a better icon for notifications though, it looks a little like the hamburger menu icon currently.

7 Likes

I’m on that beta list tho. This one seems different as I still haven’t gotten the feature. I’ve had just about every other beta feature though. nvm it literally just showed up

As for the feature, can’t wait to try it out! I’ve always loved the idea of keeping all notifications in one location, and this just does that!

1 Like

OMG :smiley: I cant wait! I hate the fact thats its mandatory that friend requests cannot be disabled. I get 50 friend requests a day…

2 Likes

Actually, I would personally love this, since these will be optional to be turned off, I think just having it could be helpful

2 Likes

Small annoyance. If I ignore a friend request using the stream, the number on the left side isn’t decremented.

3 Likes

So when are we going to be granted the luxury of turning friend request notifications off?

Because this is starting to be borderline infuriating.

11 Likes

Just a friendly reminder that we’re supposed to be giving feedback, and if no one speaks up it’s going to go live for everyone without being changed.

6 Likes

I thought it was already live.

Logged into an alt and sure enough, it’s live.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind it so much if it compressed all the friend request notifications into one and let you ignore them all. That being said, it should still be able to be turned off.

What I really want from this is notifications for when favorited games are updated, and for when new limiteds come on sale.

5 Likes

Ooh, those would be awesome notifications to have. Also, please do condense all FR notifications into one single notification so it doesn’t clutter the notifications page not to mention that it feels like really odd behavior to have multiple notifications for basically the same thing and I’m not even sure what triggers a new one. (every time you unfocus from the tab?)

1 Like

I still can’t turn off the notifications for whenever I get friend requests. I’ve gone ahead and disabled the notification thing entirely using AdBlock until I get the option to disable those notifications.

13 Likes

Hi guys, just wanted to give an update to you all. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We’ve turned on the notifications stream for all desktop users, and are looking to turn it on for our mobile apps soon. We’ll continue to make improvements to the stream, with a focus on quick bug fixes this year (as opposed to more involved changes).

I’ve heard everyone regarding not being able to turn off friend request notifications as I have mentioned in my earlier replies. Like I’ve said, we will do something about this. Maybe not this year, but we will definitely address this early next year.

If you have any further feedback about the stream, please continue to leave it here. Especially regarding what notification types you’d like to see. I’ll continue to look at the posts in this thread for feedback regarding the stream, but may not respond to every single post.

Best,
Caelestene.

1 Like

If we can’t turn off friend request notifications then please let us turn off notifications altogether.

3 Likes

A final design isn’t necessary immediately, but I think the posts have made it fairly clear that forced notifications should be turned off immediately until you guys have had time to refine them. You can turn them back on in the future, but for now forced notifications should be turned off – no good reason to force users to bear with incomplete design when there’s no fix coming in the near future.

2 Likes

…why is this something that has to take several months, exactly?

3 Likes

Code/feature freeze prevents them from making any major investments in features, but they should be fully able to make a small change before that happens and flip the “force” switch off for friend requests. It’s just a matter of common courtesy and respect for users at this point.

Ah yes, that slipped my mind.

1 Like

As I have said, we will address this. Next time I’ll make sure to be less transparent regarding the delivery timeline, since everyone seems to complain about it, ha. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, if you guys have any further questions, please feel free to PM me.