Optional Price parameters for PromptPurchase and PromptProductPurchase

I’d like to propose a price parameter for PromptPurchase and PromptProductPurchase.

This parameter would specify the price that we wish to sell an asset or developer product for. The reason for this is to allow developers to charge users different prices depending on certain circumstances. For example, a user buys VIP so they get 20% off of certain developer products or a user wins a game and can claim a free shirt as a prize. It would also allow us to include a pay what you want developer product which could be useful when creating a donation system or in game currency.

There would of course need to be rules in place, the first and most obvious is that the asset must have been created by the developer. This stops users selling other users assets at a cheaper price. The price can not exceed the original price, this is so that users don’t get charged more than they should be for an article of clothing.

I know I for one would find this extremely useful but what about the rest of you?

It would be an okay idea, and then modify PromptPurchaseFinished so that it returns the paid currency (R$/Tx) and amount as well, that would be helpful.

1 Like

great idea. i would like to have that feature.

I remember this being suggested a month or two ago, it got a lot of support!

Really, I don’t see this being used for PromptPurchase since that is for things like catalog items and game passes, makes more sense for it to be used in PromptProductPurchase

While this is possible to do now, it would not be the worst thing in the world to have.

Explain how to do now?

[quote] I remember this being suggested a month or two ago, it got a lot of support!

Really, I don’t see this being used for PromptPurchase since that is for things like catalog items and game passes, makes more sense for it to be used in PromptProductPurchase [/quote]I can say for sure that people will find this useful. Maybe the owner wants to sell game merchandise and offers it at a discounted rate to VIPs or has a special set of shirts designed to be linked with badges. These shirts could be given away free if the user has the badge.

Explain how to do now?[/quote]

Use your own currency.

Use your own currency.[/quote]You can’t sell your own clothing with your own currency.

Use your own currency.[/quote]You can’t sell your own clothing with your own currency.[/quote]

Ah, should have read OP more carefully. Technically you can, but only in your own places.