Post-processing effects

Made a GTA style death gui, here is an uncopylocked place, also playable to look at it: https://www.roblox.com/games/94293286/GTA-Style-Death-Gui

Uses FilterEnabled, I don’t do games any other way :stuck_out_tongue:

Working on my game in Studio this morning and everything looks twice as good as it did yesterday due to AA. :123:

7 Likes

WHEN IS IT COMING FOR MAC
I want to mess with it but Windows 10 is buggy rn

Nice!

6 Likes

It’s already out for Mac

1 Like

Hey Zeuxcg. Can you somehow make the bloom effect not affect chat bubbles?

I have a game where chat bubbles are allowed and you can’t see what the player’s saying because of the bloom on their glowing, white chat bubble.

13 Likes

I am utterly amazed!!
clap.gif

2 Likes

Love it.

26 Likes

Are you sure those screenshots are taken in ROBLOX?

1 Like

Two more, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

The sunset just feels like an actual sunset now.

9 Likes

Now we need a way to make better trees.

24 Likes

3D foliage in general needs work.

Is that a new feature I hear?

I don’t think that would work given that the shape of trees and/or grass don’t fit the shape of smooth terrain very well considering how naturally rounded it tends to be. It would be a big pain.

1 Like

I got a leak that says they’re gonna name the new feature “MeshParts.”

Unfortunately meshes are not sufficient to build good trees - you need to have some special rendering support to make it so you can render tree crowns with few transparency sorting issues.

5 Likes

Any chance for a dulled down sunrays for moonlight?

8 Likes

These fixes are live:

• Less extreme defaults for SunRays
  • Fix Blur/Bloom pixelization for small values of Size
  • Fix Blur/Bloom footprint becoming square for large sizes

Post-effects are now live on all platforms.

We’re aware of two issues that aren’t fixed yet:

• Bloom affects UI which results in issues with chat bubbles
  • In some cases you can see single-pixel white halo around objects on quality 10

We’re shipping one other change next week:

• AlwaysOnTop SurfaceGui objects will not be affected by post effects to match AlwaysOnTop BillboardGui and ScreenGui objects in behavior
11 Likes

[quote=“zeuxcg, post:87, topic:25023, full:true”]- Bloom affects UI which results in issues with chat bubbles
[/quote]3D GUIs (HandleAdornments, grabbers, etc) also render like Neon since the update even if you aren’t using bloom; dunno if this is the same bug or you already have it covered

1 Like

I actually enjoy that.

Shhh

3 Likes