Problem with uploading a localization table

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
    When I try to upload a localization table to studio, it doesn’t work. It seems if I insert a new localization table, right click it, and click Load from CSV, an empty localization table remains. I checked this by clicking Save As CSV right afterwards and checking that table. It was empty. But when I use the text scraper tool, edit the translations in the CSV, and click Load As CSV, it will just put a previous version of the CSV there. I also checked this by saving it again as a CSV. What I would normally expect to occur is that the localization table receives the same CSV I load into it.

• How often does the bug happen?
    Every. Hecking. Time. It makes the process infuriating and I can’t handle it.

• Where does the bug happen? Is it game specific?

I think it’s worth mentioning that in the hub place of the game, I didn’t have any problems. This is happening inside another place of the game universe.

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

One CSV I loaded in to experiment with keys, because I thought those were related to the problem…

The CSV I got when I saved the same localization table as a CSV…

Please tell me if I didn’t go into enough detail, or if I’m dumb and doing something wrong

1 Like

Can you check the output window? If it imports successfully it should print a message saying Successfully loaded ... from ... in the output window.

When you Load from CSV is there any error popup? If so the table contents won’t be changed and you’ll need to fix the error and import again.

1 Like

No, I never saw an error in the output. I only ever saw it say successfully loaded.

1 Like

Ok. I really can’t tell what the issue is from your screenshots. The two screenshots show different numbers of rows but from what is shown they look identical, which seems correct. Is the second screenshot truncated or is that the whole table?

Can you PM me a place file with a LocalizationTable and a CSV file to reproduce this?

What editor are you using to edit the CSVs?

Can you double check that that the file you’re loading in Roblox Studio is the one you saved from your spreadsheet editor?

Looks like the same issue as an older report. Excel defaulted to saving as Windows-1252.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.