Randomly losing interaction with studio

This bug has started happening ever since the update that introduced the dark theme (though it still seems to occur even with dark theme disabled).

I am randomly completely unable to interact with the game. I can still interact with the explorer and all of the other buttons just fine. Clicking “Play” to try and reset the game window just causes studio to crash (this has happened every single time this bug has occurred).

Example: I am able to interact with the explorer and properties windows enough to change the TimeOfDay in Lighting to 1 (night time), but the game still appears as day time.

I’m not entirely certain, but it may happen when the game tries to auto-save. I’ve noticed the auto-save text in the output during a few occasions that this has happened to me, but that may or may not just be coincidence.

It happens a lot while I’m scripting, but that doesn’t seem to be the root cause. I’ve opened up studio and started watching YouTube on my other monitor, and then switched back to studio after a couple minutes only to find that I can’t interact with anything.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please post what you were doing at the time or any suggestions to lessen the occurrence of this bug, as I’m pretty clueless as to what could be causing this problem for me. It’s making it very difficult to work with studio atm.

Update: Already tried reinstalling, disabling auto-save, disabling the lua debugger, and changing my “GraphicsMode” in rendering settings.

2 Likes