Reinstate new-window Play Solo

Because of potential crashes and freezes. For example:

while true do
--some stuff but not a wait()
end

It’s not very difficult to forget a wait() in a long loop.

1 Like

Yes, you’ve made your needs clear. Not everyone’s are the same.

I was asking why in-window Play Solo was insuitable to warrant that in the first place. As in, why is there a need to “keep tests isolated from a working copy”?

When working on large maps or just loading the level in general you’re forced to wait for it to load when starting and stopping, but because play solo was in a separate window you could continue to work while it loaded.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this issue. We intentionally disabled this feature because it was causing problems with another feature. Based on your feedback, we will reenable this feature on Tuesday.

12 Likes

Thank you for listening and replying to our feedback!

1 Like

Thank you!!!
I have a map I’m working on and the spawn is a fair distance away from the spot I’m working on.

Also, if you are working on an obby section, it’s much better to test and spawn at the camera rather than having to redo all the steps in your obby just to get to the spot you’re working on.

1 Like

Studio supports spawning at your Edit mode camera in-window play solo. Search for “Play Here” in add to quick access or customize shortcuts.

1 Like

This feature has been reenabled.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.