Release Notes for 317

Notes for release 317

21 Likes

YES! YES!
Any plans to move Instance.new() to the same behavior? I am aware it has been kept as is for compatibility with older models.

27 Likes

Been removing them since 2009 lol!

3 Likes

I’m loving these little additions and fixes to the debugging and scripting experience on Roblox!

1 Like

I feel that it should be left in in Instance.new tbh.

2 Likes

Is there a key for the “PENDING” and “LIVE”?

I originally thought pending meant it wasn’t applied yet, but the “Parts added in Studio no longer have studs or inlets by default.” is already applied so it seems I was wrong.

Side note: What does this even mean? lol “Fixed a bug where trains didn’t wake their wheels properly, causing issues with driving.”

Configuration objects can now be parented to any Instance instead of just Models.

yes pls, manual parenting is too much work

Parts anchored by default please :pray:

16 Likes

I’d like this too, not from Instance.new though for backwards compatibility… although there is an extent to which things previously are already broken so breaking them further shouldn’t make much of a difference. But yeah, default anchored parts pls

Pending and Live get updated when the flags for the associated features are updated. This update is done manually for now but we are looking into automating the process for quicker updates in the future.

Regarding the “train” note, I apologize for the confusion. The issue there was for vehicles in general with mechanisms not waking up. The engineer who was working on this issue was using a train for the much of the testing. We had meant to update the ticket with the word “vehicle” instead of “train”, but it slipped through the cracks. It has been updated now.

2 Likes

We don’t have any plans at the moment to update Instance.new(“Part”) with this change. As you may know, we have to be very careful with changes to any scripted behavior. When we change the behavior of a button in Studio, this will not affect any existing games. But if we make a change to how code runs, then we could be changing the experience of games that rely on this behavior.

2 Likes

So glad they did this. Will make inserting bricks a lot faster in Studio since the first thing I do is remove studs from bricks. Should of been this way from the start.

So why not make it a paramter?

I’m late, but heres some extra data anyway.

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added 'notbrowsable' tag to Class LayerCollector
Added Property LayerCollector.ZIndexBehavior
Added Property TextBox.LineHeight
Added Property TextButton.LineHeight
Added Property TextLabel.LineHeight
Added Function BasePart.GetJoints
Added Function RunService.Set3dRenderingEnabled
Added Function Terrain.GetMaterialColor
Added Function Terrain.SetMaterialColor
Added Enum ZIndexBehavior
	Added EnumItem ZIndexBehavior.Global
	Added EnumItem ZIndexBehavior.Sibling
Added EnumItem Font.SourceSansSemibold
Changed the arguments of Function LocalizationTable.GetString
	 from  ( string languageKey, string expressionKey )
	 to  ( string targetLocaleId, string key )
Changed the arguments of Function LocalizationTable.SetEntry
	 from  ( string key, string locale, string text )
	 to  ( string key, string targetLocaleId, string text )

Fixed a crash on shutdown due to errors from long executing scripts not being properly handled.

Still crashing on the shutdown of Studio solo mode.

Hey everyone, these two updates are also part of the release notes for 317:

Improvements

• Studio properly recognizes key press and key release for ctrl and shift for 3d view even if focus is elsewhere.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug with Game Explorer assets not being uploaded correctly in Group-owned games.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.