Release Notes for 318

Notes for release 318

9 Likes

“Advanced Objects button is no longer a toggle-able window. Replaced by Insert Objects button which will bring up the new Insert Object widget.”

Does this menu the Advanced Objects window is being removed, or just that the button in the RibbonBar is being changed to use Insert Object instead of Advanced Object. If it’s not being removed, are there any plans to remove it in the future?

2 Likes

Nice! Can’t wait for these

8 Likes

“Beams are now culled according to graphic level and max view distance.”

:frowning:

I was hoping Beams would make for nice pseudo-skyboxes, but it looks like they’ll be cut off on lower graphics levels.

5 Likes

Client Difference Log:

API Changes:

Added Property LocalizationTable.SourceLocaleId
Added Function ThirdPartyUserService.ReturnToEngagement
Added EnumItem Material.Glass

2 Likes

When will the random type be activated? I’m looking forward to testing it out.

Looks like it’s on.

• Random.new([seed]) Make a new random number generator with optional seed, which defaults to the system clock if not provided.
    • :NextNumber([min, max]) Get a number (w/ decimal) between min and max, or 0 and 1 if not provided.
    • :NextInteger(min, max) Get an integer between min and max.
    • :Clone() Make a copy with the same state
2 Likes

Super excited for the random function and the glass!! (and the autocomplete for strings was annoying, glad that’s gone)

1 Like

Cool!

Note to @Fractality_alt or whoever handles documentation on Random:

• The parameters for NextNumber aren’t noted to have default values, but IIRC they do.
  • Both NextInteger and NextNumber’s documentation starts with “1”.

Would be neat to see documentation on http://wiki.roblox.com/ about this :+1:

whoops, thanks for noticing. I also managed to spell pseudo wrong.

1 Like

“Places are now published when a user turns off Team Create.”
the paranoia is over lol

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.