Roblox Groups Bug

I am unsure if this qualifies as a web bug, but the pages of members in groups are not properly filled. Sometimes a page of members will not be totally filled before beginning again on the next page.

Here is an example where Page 1 is not completely filled with users before Page 2 begins:
a3976947673563e186ca6d9bc0a8d73968fa7d77.PNG
f5a5f68b608f0a61c27a7d20793cb93f1a9ab229.PNG

The bug is happening in this group: The C&G Council - Roblox

Also, it says there are 19 “Council Ancients” but there are only 15… :octopus:

Here is another example where there are 2 blank spots:
de0e1ddb1708182c7db77ec914882cc3275a8e6d.PNG

Can confirm – tried on both latest versions of Chrome and Firefox without any extensions. Out of curiosity, do the members show up in Group Admin?

Unfortunately, my group admin is limited to editing the group’s description. :confused:

I have noticed that the role count displayed beside each role takes into account blank spots as well. Even though there are only 10 users in “Noticeable Forumers,” it displays that there are 12 users in that role even though it has two blank spots.

I haven’t seen this myself but will certainly look out for more examples.

Deleted users no longer show up in the members list. This is intentional.

Yes.

Not sure if this is just an old-layout-specific thing, but for the eventual redesign I’d think more correct behavior would be to not account for them in the member count nor leave empty spaces in the member list. Otherwise it’ll just lead to confusion.

Yeah, but that would be expensive.

The current behavior isn’t something I’d expect to see on a production-level service. Yes, it’d be expensive to load in all pages to update the member count and subsequent pages to fill in empty slots, but the current behavior is a hack – it’s not an appropriate long-term solution.

I don’t know if this is planned to be permanent or not, but if it is, the backend should eventually be updated so this is a non-issue. Obviously priorities dictate when that happens, but it should be on the radar.

It’s not planned to be permanent, but there were users with inappropriate usernames being displayed through groups. Temporary fix was to hide deleted users which would hide their usernames.
Longer term we probably want to just kick them out of the group when they get deleted.

2 Likes

This may be problematic if a group admin wants to delete all posts by them on the wall, unless those are hidden too. Though, deleting all posts should probably be separated from kicking a user anyway, as there are users who spam a wall and then leave because they know their messages will have to be individually deleted.

Yeah I can’t speak to actual plans are for groups (I also don’t know what they are or when it will happen) but I imagine we would leave functionality for group admins to be able to remove all posts by a user if we were going to automatically kick them out of a group when they get deleted.

1 Like